How to make use of Pair of Stomping Boots' ability?

Before bumcheekascend would just automatically use the stomps every time, but it doesn't do that anymore. How would I set it up so that it would do the stomps?

Bale

Minion
I'd use WHAM. Someone else might choose to add a macro line to their CCS. You can add macros to CCS which makes it very flexible.

Code:
[ default ]
if hasskill release the boots
  skill release the boots
endif
attack

I'd use WHAM. Someone else might choose to add a macro line to their CCS. You can add macros to CCS which makes it very flexible.

Code:
[ default ]
  skill release the boots
endif
attack

I am currently using WHAM right now, is it configured to do stomps?

Or should I just set it as:
Code:
  skill release the boots
endif
consult WHAM.ash

Bale

Minion
WHAM should already be configured to stomp. I believe that if you have a item set as a goal, it will refuse to stomp that monster so that it can still get the drop. Otherwise it should stomp.

If WHAM is failing to stomp, that sounds like a problem to take to the WHAM or BatBrain thread.

Last edited:

Winterbay

WHAM seems to stomp just fine for me so if it isn't for you then please report a combat where you think it should at a verbosity of 7 or higher and I'll look into it.

Bale

Minion
Just verified with the latest version of standard flavor WHAM. It stomps those boots, smashing my enemies to paste.

Code:
[755] Oil Peak
Encounter: oil slick
Strategy: C:\Documents and Settings\David\My Documents\Dropbox\KolMafia\ccs\default.ccs [default]
Round 0: the0men loses initiative!
Round 1: Gronald rubs its soles together, then stomps in place restlessly. Clearly, the violence it's done so far is only making it ache for some quality stomping.
You lose 17 hit points
WHAM: Running SmartStasis
Round 1: the0men executes a macro!
Round 1: the0men casts RELEASE THE BOOTS!
Round 2: Gronald leaps up, feet flying, heels stomping, buckles jangling, and stomps your opponent into paste. Thank goodness there wasn't a mudhole nearby.
You acquire an item: slimy paste
Round 2: the0men wins the fight!
WHAM: SS has finished the fight. Aborting script execution.

Code:
[ default ]
  skill release the boots
endif
attack

Huh, I generally just use something like
Code:
skill release the boots
attack
Which silently skips release the boots if the skill isn't availabe. Is there any advantage to using the if clause?

Darzil

Developer
Yes, and if you only want it to activate for the best spirits you can use the KoL checks to do :
if happymediumglow red
skill siphon spirit
endif

That's awesome! I can now use her in aftercore to get a few drink a day when I would normally have left her in the terrarium! I've actually been doing it for about a week or so now and it's really nice, thanks guys (and girls)!