How to use skills with special characters in custom combat scripts/macros?

Mr_Crac

Could one of the KoLmafia developers please explain to us how to properly set skills (and possibly also combat items, etc.) that are to be used in combat macros so that they actually work all the time?

I keep getting this stupid error when a script (here: bumcheekascend) tries to use my HC-permed Käsesoßesturm skill:

Code:
Request 5 of 57 (Manor2: The Haunted Bathroom) in progress...

[545] The Haunted Bathroom
Encounter: toilet papergeist
Strategy: D:\Programme\KoLmafia\ccs\default.ccs [default]
Round 0: mr_crac wins initiative!
Round 1: Trog rubs its soles together, then stomps in place restlessly. Clearly, the violence it's done so far is only making it ache for some quality stomping. (Use the "Release the Boots" skill to let it go nuts.)
BCC: Monster HP is 115
BCC: We are under the effect of Spirit of Peppermint
BCC: Neutral Element to our pasta tuning.
BCC: These are the figures for Cannelloni Cannon: Bonus: 49.0 and 1.2%//0.0/0.0/0.0/0.0/0.0/El: 0.0/Myst: 122.0
BCC: I expect 76 damage from Cannelloni Cannon
BCC: These are the figures for Käsesoßesturm: Bonus: 49.0 and 1.2%//0.0/0.0/0.0/0.0/0.0/El: 0.0/Myst: 122.0
BCC: Weak Element to our pasta tuning.
BCC: I expect 126 damage from Käsesoßesturm
BCC: These are the figures for Salsaball: Bonus: 49.0 and 1.2%//0.0/0.0/0.0/0.0/0.0/El: 0.0/Myst: 122.0
BCC: Weak Element to our pasta tuning.
BCC: I expect 16 damage from Salsaball
BCC: These are the figures for Saucegeyser: Bonus: 49.0 and 1.2%//0.0/0.0/0.0/0.0/0.0/El: 0.0/Myst: 122.0
BCC: I expect 218 damage from Saucegeyser
BCC: These are the figures for Stream of Sauce: Bonus: 49.0 and 1.2%//0.0/0.0/0.0/0.0/0.0/El: 0.0/Myst: 122.0
BCC: I expect 57 damage from Stream of Sauce
BCC: These are the figures for Stuffed Mortar Shell: Bonus: 49.0 and 1.2%//0.0/0.0/0.0/0.0/0.0/El: 0.0/Myst: 122.0
BCC: I expect 148 damage from Stuffed Mortar Shell
BCC: These are the figures for Wave of Sauce: Bonus: 49.0 and 1.2%//0.0/0.0/0.0/0.0/0.0/El: 0.0/Myst: 122.0
BCC: I expect 190 damage from Wave of Sauce
BCC: We are going to one-shot with Käsesoßesturm
Round 1: mr_crac executes a macro!
KoLmafia thinks it is round 2 but KoL thinks it is round 1
You're on your own, partner.
Click here to continue in the relay browser.

BCC: You aborted, so so am I. This abort may have been caused by a rogue condition not being met. If this is unexpected, please paste the CLI output, as well as the results of typing 'condition check' without the quotes, into the mafia CLI window now.

When I click "continue in the relay browser", KoLmafia shows this:

Code:
Too many, or zero, matches for skill, "K&auml", macro aborted.

So while ä is actually correct HTML for the German ä, this obviously does not work here. Fixing this to the actual letter ä (in the bumcheekascend script) will also fail.

How can we use such a skill in a combat macro so that it will not fail?

Basically, I can completely remove the usage of this skill from the script. I would rather prefer it to work properly though. Is it perhaps documented anywhere how scripts should treat skills (or possibly items, familiars, etc.) that have special characters in their name?

Last edited:

Mr_Crac

Okay so in this case, would that do the trick:

skill 4023

?

Also, do you happen to know what one must do when trying to funksling two items in a combat macro triggered from an ASH script?
What is the correct syntax for this?