Bug Maximizer vs equipment wearing familiars

Nappa

I have noticed the maximiser can get confused by the disembodied hand when optimizing (in my case) adventures. How far can I expect the maximizer to work well with these type of familiars?

My situation:
* I have a disembodied hand with (currently) a time sword equipped
* I have another time sword (+other time suit outfit items) in my inventory

When I run maximizer when my disembodied hand is not my active familiar, it suggests:
Code:
steal & equip weapon time sword (+3)
steal & equip off-hand time sword (+3)
keep familiar: little box of fireworks

Hitting 'equip all' in this situation leads to
Code:
Putting on time helmet...
Equipment changed.
Wielding time sword...
Equipment changed.
Taking off time sword...
Equipment changed.
Holding time sword...
[COLOR="#FF0000"]Why bother putting a weapon into your offhand if you don't have anything in your on-hand? "On-hand?" Whatever.[/COLOR]

If I do set my disembodied hand active it comes up with
Code:
remove & equip weapon time sword (+3)
equip off-hand Mer-kin stopwatch (+3)
keep familiar: time sword
Which, by the way, equips fine and seems to be what I could expect to be the max.

So, in the first (disembodied hand not active) scenario, should the maximizer suggest I switch familiars? (I don't know if it supports this).
And if not, is handling the suggested weapon theft bugged? I noticed that even though it said 'Wielding time sword...' it ended up not wielding it. Which is probably why it complains about the on-hand.

Winterbay

YOu can get the maximizer to try and check your familiar by adding "switch disembodied hand" but other than that the maximizer ignores anything but the current familiar.

roippi

Developer
This is a duplicate of a few other reports which involve equipping the same thing in the main and off-hand. I think there's one with lawn darts if memory serves, unable to search at the moment.

Theraze

Yeah... it's a 'feature' in that each part of the maximization runs one at a time, because it's not really an item and so it can't do the whole batch of changes. So if you need to acquire 2 items and they aren't currently in your inventory, whether it's dual-wielded weapons or accessories, it re-collects your first item rather than getting the second item and equipping that instead. The fix is to acquire the items first manually, then run your maximization again.