New Content - Implemented Seal Clubber Revamp

Darzil

Developer
Additional feature request - As Seal Clubber, don't always show Noodles in combat bar if you have it. Do show Club Foot if you have it as Seal Clubber instead.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
That makes sense. And "auto-noodle" should use Club Foot instead, if you are a Seal Clubber with the skill.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
It's going to be hard to know what "auto-noodle" should ultimately become until we know what will happen for all 6 classes. I guess in the mean time it just has to change with each class revamp.

Darzil

Developer
r12769

Combat Action Bar now has Club Foot rather than Entangling Noodles if Seal Clubber as standard.
Custom Combat Panel now refers to Club Foot or Entangling Noodles depending on class. Still uses autoEntangle as preference for backward compatibility, but otherwise uses Stun in place of Entangle in code.

What other support do we want (until Snow Leopard is spaded, and Fury added to api.php) ?

Darzil

Developer
Is there a way to expose Fury level to scripts?

Try my_fury() in 12771 (untested). Is that what you'd want ?

Edit - my_maxfury() makes sense too, added in 12772.

Can you let me know if they work as expected?

Last edited:

Darzil

Developer
r12769

Combat Action Bar now has Club Foot rather than Entangling Noodles if Seal Clubber as standard.

There is a bug in this. Am thinking about the right fix. If you have Noodles on your combat action bar in one of the buttons that change, as well as the 'built in' buttons, the main relay pane will not update when you use a skill other than Noodles. If you have Club Foot in one of them, as well as the 'built in' buttons, the same happens. The first happens in earlier builds too, but the second is more obvious as yesterday you may well have had Club Foot on your combat bar, and would today have it on a 'built in' button. Clearing the button using "set StationaryButtonX =" will get rid of the issue.

Am planning to add a check to clear any occurance of a 'built in' button from persistant buttons in order to get rid of the issue. Not yet sure if that should be on login or when updating page.

Darzil

Developer
Fixed in 12776.

Also found a weird bug, which also affects earlier patches. Lunge-smack is never added to a CAB button when used, though other skills I've tried are. If you add it manually during combat to the bar it'll get removed from the preference.

Lxndr

Fixed in 12776.

Also found a weird bug, which also affects earlier patches. Lunge-smack is never added to a CAB button when used, though other skills I've tried are. If you add it manually during combat to the bar it'll get removed from the preference.

I was actually coming here to report the same thing.
Lunging Thrust Smack is added as 'lunge'
and Lunge Smack is not added at all.

Lxndr

I was actually coming here to report the same thing.
Lunging Thrust Smack is added as 'lunge'
and Lunge Smack is not added at all.

This is still happening.
The combat action buttons still don't seem to like Lunge Smack. It removes a button, but doesn't add one in its place.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
This is still happening.
Although two days have passed since you reported this the first time, nobody has submitted code to fix it, as you can tell by the lack of responses on this thread since you reported it.

Strangely enough, you are still seeing the bug.

Well, since nobody has fixed it, I guess it really isn't so strange, is it?

Darzil

Developer

Have dug a little deeper, but can't see where this is falling down yet. Lunge-Smack is successfully added when used, but then later removed (before display) as KoLCharacter.hasSkill( name ) is returning false for name = "Lunge-Smack", even though I have it.

Any ideas ? I can't find any references to skill 1004 or lunge-smack that would explain it being excluded. In KoL it does appear on my skills list.

Theraze

While it's not actually part of the earlier bug, did find another. ValhallaDecorator will never suggest perm-ing skill 1004 even though it's now available again. This is in listPermanentSkills.