Feature - Implemented Maximize Prismatic Damage

Raven434

Hi,

I was hoping we could get prismatic added in as as maximizer option ala "maximize prismatic dmg".

Thanks.

Bale

Minion
"prismatic dmg" seems a reasonable and useful alias for "hot dmg, cold dmg, stench dmg, spooky dmg, sleaze dmg" since I know that I would have used it a few times myself.

Or do you want it to only consider items and effects that each boost every element?

Fluxxdog

Both, I would think.

Prismatic damage gives bonus damage of all 5 elements. The club of the five seasons gives you +5 each.
What if you just want 'all elemental damage'? The halibut gives you 200 points of elemental damage.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
If it was added at all, it would likely be the way Bale described. In that case, 15 damage in one element would be weighted higher than 2 damage in each element, and it sounds like you wouldn't find that to be useful. Even if the maximizer specifically aimed for prismatic damage, the process would be significantly complicated by things like 15 of one element from 5 different equipment slots (adding up to all 5 elements) beating 2 prismatic damage in all 5 of those slots.

Fluxxdog

Dur, I forgot there's an "elemental dmg" for the maximizer :p Shows how often I use it. I usually just beat things. Ignore the silly man behind the rhubarb bush!

Theraze

Yeah... I just maximize elemental damage when I don't care for what. Maximizing prismatic would be like doing a maximize hot dam, min cold dam, min spooky dam, etc. Where only boosts to all 5 get counted. Good for lazy adventuring, not great for when you know what you're doing and where you're going.

Fluxxdog

I think of a few cases where prismatic is preferred over just any elemental.
Mother Slime's Tooth trophy needs careful adjustments to elemental damage. You want to make sure all of them will KO her at the same time. The general rule of thumb I use is 99 prismatic or 149 prismatic, depending on whether I have too much Muscle or Moxie.
The other is one of the flickering pixels in the Crackpot's Jar. Of course, that's a one shot in your entire life, but it's handy for that one time only!
Bugbears, once one of them has been banished, are easier to take out with prismatic damage. Especially 6-kiss bugbears with their hard cap of 75.

Crowther

Mother Slime's Tooth trophy needs careful adjustments to elemental damage. You want to make sure all of them will KO her at the same time. The general rule of thumb I use is 99 prismatic or 149 prismatic, depending on whether I have too much Muscle or Moxie.
The other is one of the flickering pixels in the Crackpot's Jar. Of course, that's a one shot in your entire life, but it's handy for that one time only!
Bugbears, once one of them has been banished, are easier to take out with prismatic damage. Especially 6-kiss bugbears with their hard cap of 75.
Some of those could be handled by adding a min/max to each element. I've only used those with stats, but they work well there.

Raven434

Spending time in Dreadsylvania is what prompted me to think about this request.

Crowther

Spending time in Dreadsylvania is what prompted me to think about this request.
This seems to work, if I understand correctly what you want (unlikely)
Code:
maximize cold damage 75 max, hot damage 75 max, spooky damage 75 max, stench damage 75 max, sleaze damage 75 max
Then you can add on whatever else you want increased.

Bale

Minion
r13086 made "prismatic damage" a thing. It would now be pretty easy to make it a valid modifier for the maximizer. Shall this be re-considered?

The implementation is particularly interesting since it considers the lowest of all 5 elemental types to be the value of prismatic damage.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Well… I just looked at the Maximizer and it really wants a built-in maximizer index. I didn't do Prismatic Damage that way; I did it as a pseudo-modifier, calculated when you ask for it.

I'll see if I can refactor it to be a built-in index with a derived value, in which case, this should Just Work.

Bale

Minion
New behind the scenes feature has now been turned into a front end feature that the users can appreciate. Our work here is done. :D

Thanks, as usual.