Twin Peak automation

jenfraggle

I've had a look around but couldn't see this anywhere so apologies if I am repeating something already mentioned elsewhere.

Is there a reason why choice adventures cannot be set for Twin Peak?

Darzil

Developer
What would you want to set it to?

I'd imagine it could be programmed, but you'd have to make it quite complex, and you'd struggle to meet everyone's needs. Which choice would you take first? Would you want to override and not take it if you couldn't pass the test? Do you just want it to skip and keep automating if it's run out of tests it can pass?

It's a bit of a minefield really, automation can be scripted, giving more control, but this could be quite dangerous to automate with a dropdown, could easily burn all your turns.

jenfraggle

I thought that there would be a good reason, I just couldn't think of it. I just do the 50 turns so hadn't really considered choosing any option other than skip and then burn.

Winterbay

In that case you can do the following in the CLI:
set choiceAdventure606 = 6
set choiceAdventure618 = 2

And that should handle everything you need to burn the hotel down.

Winterbay

Well, all choice adventures can be set via the CLI, but some of them also have drop downs in the choice adventure pane. The ones that are not there must be set via the CLI which can be good to know :)

VladYvhuce

In that case you can do the following in the CLI:
set choiceAdventure606 = 6
set choiceAdventure618 = 2

And that should handle everything you need to burn the hotel down.
Awesome! I'm not particularly fond of BBB's tendency to muck around with my familiar selection and I don't know enough about coding to make my own scripts. So knowing these little shortcuts is a lifesaver for someone who just wants to burn the hotel down. And by extension, the ability to work up shortcuts by changing the numbers for all the other choice adventures that KOL Mafia doesn't support. Yay for empowerment! :cool:

theo1001

Awesome! I'm not particularly fond of BBB's tendency to muck around with my familiar selection and I don't know enough about coding to make my own scripts. So knowing these little shortcuts is a lifesaver for someone who just wants to burn the hotel down. And by extension, the ability to work up shortcuts by changing the numbers for all the other choice adventures that KOL Mafia doesn't support. Yay for empowerment! :cool:

You can type "zlib bbb_famitems = false" (without the quotes) in the CLI to stop BBB from changing your familiars.

VladYvhuce

You can type "zlib bbb_famitems = false" (without the quotes) in the CLI to stop BBB from changing your familiars.
Yeah. I found that function. I just wish I could tell BBB to only use a certain set of familiars, instead of its default set. That would let me be properly lazy. :p

VladYvhuce

There seems to be a lot of stuff surrounding the default set, that I don't know what it all does... Do I just edit the familiar names, or do I need to modify or get rid of that other stuff, too? I've also noticed there's a "skip these familiars" list, that could be useful. How does that list handle stuff like a Ms. Puck man, or a Rockin' Robin, since they have punctuation in their names?

Theraze

It automagically parses the full mafia listing of familiars for drops. Just copy/paste the carnie line (643) and replace the cotton candy carnie with your chosen familiars you want it to skip.

Edit: Alternatively, change 642 to only have specific familiars... like this:
Code:
    foreach f in $familiars[baby sandworm, mrs. puck man, rockin' robin] if (have_familiar(f) && !(

Last edited:

VladYvhuce

Ah. So, I was basically over-thinking myself into a corner... Thanks for the clarification.

Edit: What do I need to change so that it sticks with an item drop familiar until all of that familiar's drops have dropped? I don't want it to switch every time it gets just one drop item. I want it to stick with my Fist Turkey until it has 5 turkey boozes, then move on to the Adventurous Spelunker, and so on.

Last edited:

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
Something like this should work:
Code:
if (my_familiar().drops_today >= my_familiar().drops_limit) {
    foreach f in $familiars[] {
        if (have_familiar(f) && f.drops_limit != 0) {
            use_familiar(f);
            break;
        }
    }
}

I'm not particularly familiar with the script, but I imagine you can put that some place between adventures, or just save that as a betweenBattleScript.

VladYvhuce

Hmmm... This little snippet keeps the familiar, but won't make it change to the next after all the items have dropped... I'm going to try a little modification and see if that works...

Theraze

And changing BBB to stick with a familiar is as simple as changing line 639 from the current min check to this:
Code:
      return f.drops_today < f.drops_limit;

VladYvhuce

There we go! Learning is fun! :rolleyes: This code does the job.
Code:
if (my_familiar().drops_today >= my_familiar().drops_limit) {
    foreach f in $familiars[fist turkey, adventurous spelunker, machine elf, astral badger, unconscious collective, baby sandworm, rogue program, green pixie, li'l xenomorph, intergnat] {
        if (have_familiar(f) && f.drops_limit != 0 && f.drops_today < f.drops_limit) {
            use_familiar(f);
            break;
        }
    }
}
If Mafia is set to run for X adventures, then at the end it gives a message "Your [current familiar] can't wear [a previous familiar's equipment]." Personally, I find that amusing, but I can see how it may annoy someone else.
Edit: Won't switch to the Intergnat.

Last edited: