Bug - Fixed Game Grid looting not reflected in logs

I have "Defective Token" between my Daily Deeds. And it works. But, unlike all other daily deeds, it have no records in logs or graphical CLI. I think, it need to be corrected?

roippi

Developer
Clicking it does

Code:
ashq visit_url("arcade.php?action=plumber");

As intended.

Breakfast may do this for you, rendering the deed in an "already checked" state. All working as intended.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
I think the request was that the success or failure of the search for a defective token be logged. I presume the existing item detection code would log success so this would be a request to log failures. I'm not sure whether that is worthwhile and I suspect if it is, the daily Deed can be user configured to run a script that executes visit_url("arcade.php?action=plumber"); and then prints a message that varies with the presence or absence of the token.

I think the request was that the success or failure of the search for a defective token be logged. I presume the existing item detection code would log success so this would be a request to log failures. I'm not sure whether that is worthwhile and I suspect if it is, the daily Deed can be user configured to run a script that executes visit_url("arcade.php?action=plumber"); and then prints a message that varies with the presence or absence of the token.
Yes, fronobulax, that's exactly what I want. Thank you for explanation. I need to see in log "Jackass Plumber checked, found nothing". Or "Jackass Plumber checked, defective token found!". Or "Cannot check for defective token, no access to Game Grid!" Right now it checks - silently. Even if I can see in Daily Deeds window that check was made, I cannot see anything in logs outside of Mafia.

roippi

Developer
If you obtain a token, that shows up in the log like any other item acquisition.

Showing a custom CLI message on failure would require support for daily deeds to run non-CLI code - i.e. it's not worth it. Likewise, a message of "no token received for today" displayed in daily deeds would require the creation of a new preference, which is similarly not worth it. So, feature rejected if that's the request.

Bale

Minion
I believe that Smiling Spectre is correct. It is standard policy in KoLmafia to log everything. Veracity occasionally goes on a spree when she finds stuff that isn't logged, so I'm pretty sure it is a policy. Looking through my session log for today I couldn't see anything about trying to get a defective GG token. This snippet does seem relevant:

Visiting Mr. Klaw "Skill" Crane Game in clan rumpus room
You acquire an item: stuffed MagiMechTech MicroMechaMech
You acquire an item: stuffed frozen gravy fairy

Note that my session log tells me it visited the Crane Game three times, even though it only got a stuffy twice. Similarly it should tell me that it is checking Jackass Plumber even when it doesn't succeed. It's a matter of consistency. When one thing in a program behaves differently from all similar things, the program is obviously not behaving as the developer desires. (Or there's a new developer who thinks that the old developer was an obsessive fruitcake, but that didn't happen to KoLmafia.)

It is not necessary that failure be logged, only that the location was visited.

I'm returning this thread to "bug" status. Though if Roippi wants to return it to "not a bug" I'll have nothing more to say.

Last edited:

roippi

Developer
That is something else, that is the ClanLoungeRequest not logging. The daily deeds button does not execute one of those, it submits a raw ASH call.

Adding logging to the ClanLoungeRequest is fine and advisable.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
This would be adding logging to ArcadeRequest.registerRequest() and ArcadeRequest.parseResponse(). Both of those methods are called whenever arcade.php is invoked, whether through an internally submitted ArcadeRequest or via visit_url() or the Relay Browser.

Doesn't look hard. Although, I'm not in the mood for a "spree", at the moment, so perhaps somebody else can do it. :)