Feature - Implemented florist command

Bale

Minion
It would be really nice if there was a command to tell the florist friar to plant a specified plant at the current location. I actually want this for Chit.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Until I can determine a way for mafia to reliably know what location you are currently at (maybe it does, but I'm not sure how all of that is tracked), the only way that function could work is by specifying the slot number rather than the plant to dig up.

Until I can determine a way for mafia to reliably know what location you are currently at (maybe it does, but I'm not sure how all of that is tracked), the only way that function could work is by specifying the slot number rather than the plant to dig up.

While probably not ideal for most people, that would actually work for me... better than by name.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Why is it important to be able to dig up plants from a script? The only reasonable explanation for digging up a plant is misclicking, I would think. Or maybe accepting what's available one day and then upgrading the next day if you're farming in a zone, but that seems like a once-per-run thing.

Why is it important to be able to dig up plants from a script?

Nothing more than it's something that the user may want to do. I'm currently trying to work around it but... what I have isn't quite working.

Code:
picker.append('<a href="/KoLmafia/sideCommand?pwd=' + my_hash() + '&cmd=text+' + url_encode('choice.php?option=2&whichchoice=720&pwd=' + my_hash() + '&plnti=' + i) +'">Text</a>');

The string looks fine in mafia, but the gCLI output is just "The Kingdom Of Loathing"

Is there a better way?

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
If you told mafia to plant and then immediately tried to dig, then you would only need the one URL since you're at choice.php. If you're testing digging on its own now (which I'm guessing you didn't do before) you need forestvillage.php?action=floristfriar to get to choice.php.

Ooooh. That explains the bugginess that Bale was having that I was not (I did all my testing while actually at the friar)

so... would something like "cmd=text+floristfriarwhatever;+text+choiceStuff" do the trick?

Wait... if you have to call the forestvillage.php to get to choice.php first anyway, then couldn't you use the results of that to determine if/where a particular plant is buried so that the command could take a plant name and remove it?
Unless the hesitancy is to not make any page hits at all if a particular plant is not buried in the current location.