Code:
 {
  "repo": "https://svn.code.sf.net/p/cartouchehunter/svn/", 
  "author": "ungawa", 
  "name": "CartoucheHunter", 
  "forumThread": "http://kolmafia.us/showthread.php?18121-CartoucheHunter", 
  "shortDesc": "Seaches for Ed's Cartouches throughout the Kingdom", 
  "category": "adventure", 
  "longDesc": "This script will adventure in every zone where you have not yet adventured today and aborts if you find a cartouche. It checks your session log for information about where you have adventured, so it knows if you already found one today and if you abort prematurely, it will pick up where it left off.<p>Before running the script, <b><u>the player</u></b> needs to:<ul><li>Equip the Crown of Ed and pirate fledges</li><li>Maximize +combat%</li></ul>"
 },

TheUberFerret

UberPvPOptimizer!

Code:
 {
  "repo": "https://svn.code.sf.net/p/uberpvpoptimizer/svn/", 
  "author": "UberFerret", 
  "name": "UberPvPOptimizer", 
  "forumThread": "http://kolmafia.us/showthread.php?18356-Fork%B2-UberPvPOptimizer-an-updated-PVPBestGear", 
  "shortDesc": "Optimizes equipment for PvP", 
  "category": "information", 
  "longDesc": "This script will equip the highest minigame value equipment it can find, or buy it if you enable that setting, to maximize PVP minigames<br>Updated through at least season 19."
 },

Bale

Minion
Added. Thank you for providing well formatted data to make the Script Manager update easy for me.

Since it came up on the KoL forums (as well as in clan chat), how about the snapshot fork?

Code:
  {
  "repo": "https://svn.code.sf.net/p/ccascend/code/snapshot",
  "author": "cheesecookie",
  "name": "Snapshot Maker",
  "forumThread": "",
  "shortDesc": "Fork of Easy Snapshot Maker by bumcheekcity. Make a snapshot of your character!",
  "category": "informational",
  "longDesc": "Makes a snapshot of your character with lots of boxes that you compulsively want to make green. Yes, completionist torture...."
 },

Bale

Minion
I'm not entirely fond of the idea of adding this without bumcheekcity chiming in on the subject, but it has been over two weeks since you posted your fork and nobody has heard from him in far longer than that. More so, he has been providing extremely rare updates to this script for quite a while now. At his point I figure, meh, time to move on without his feedback. After all, you wouldn't have forked it if he'd been present.

Welcome to the Script Manager.

I made a few changes to your information. I added a forum thread so people know where to post about it. Short desc was changed to fit the available space. Long desc was expanded slightly for more information. And I added bumcheekcity as an author since he did write a good chunk of the code. That's what I've done in the past when someone has taken over as the new maintainer/author of someone's script. If you disagree with any of the changes I made, please post your counter-proposal because my decisions are not written in stone.

Code:
 {
  "repo": "https://svn.code.sf.net/p/ccascend/code/snapshot",
  "author": "cheesecookie, bumcheekcity",
  "name": "Snapshot Maker",
  "forumThread": "http://forums.kingdomofloathing.com/vb/showthread.php?p=4740665#post4740665",
  "shortDesc": "Take a snapshot of your character to display", 
  "category": "informational",
  "longDesc": "Makes a snapshot of your character and display it on a website (where everyone can see it) with lots of boxes that you compulsively want to make green. <p>Yes, completionist torture..."
 },

I'm not entirely fond of the idea of adding this without bumcheekcity chiming in on the subject, but it has been over two weeks since you posted your fork and nobody has heard from him in far longer than that. More so, he has been providing extremely rare updates to this script for quite a while now. At his point I figure, meh, time to move on without his feedback. After all, you wouldn't have forked it if he'd been present.

I agree, it would be nice to have some closure on this. I guess we'll see what happens.

I made a few changes to your information. I added a forum thread so people know where to post about it. Short desc was changed to fit the available space. Long desc was expanded slightly for more information. And I added bumcheekcity as an author since he did write a good chunk of the code. That's what I've done in the past when someone has taken over as the new maintainer/author of someone's script. If you disagree with any of the changes I made, please post your counter-proposal because my decisions are not written in stone.

Sounds good, I wasn't sure the decorum for taking over a script. The actual client-side script is still something like 90%+ his code anyway and I'm using his formatting/css for the server-side layout so I wasn't sure how to include him. Thanks for the cleanup Bale :)

Bale

Minion
I did something that will proparly be controversial. It has been a while and bumcheekcity still has nothing to say while his script fails to be updated. He has stated several times that he is struggling for time and will only check for new material to add to his script every three to four months. It is troubling to watch people constantly try to get his attention to add the game's new familiars and items to the script. Now bumcheekcity is even less involved. If he had replied on either forum in the last month, perhaps I wouldn't have made this decision.

Since this is a script that is all about being completionist and there is a complete version I have decided to un-list his snapshot script. It just seems like a bad idea for new users to install a snapshot script only to accidentally install a partially functional script by bumcheekcity rather than the fully functional one by cheesecookie. I'm sure that the future would be full of people having trouble because they downloaded bumcheekcity's version and confused because they both do the same thing, except one doesn't work. I'm heading off that trouble.

Anyway, for posterity, here's the former listing.
Code:
 {
  "repo": "https://svn.code.sf.net/p/bumcheekascend/code/snapshot", I
  "author": "bumcheekcity", 
  "name": "Easy Snapshot Maker", 
  "forumThread": "http://kolmafia.us/showthread.php?3001-bumcheekcity-s-Easy-Snapshot-Maker", 
  "shortDesc": "Take a snapshot of your character to display", 
  "category": "information", 
  "longDesc": "This script will retrieve information about your character and store it on a website so everyone can see it."
 },

So, just getting my feet wet with SVN, here's a simple script for the volcano mine. There's no thread for it, I hope that's not strictly obligatory.

Code:
 {
  "repo": "https://svn.code.sf.net/p/smellomafia/svn/hotmine/code/", 
  "author": "Smelltastic", 
  "name": "hotmine", 
  "forumThread": "", 
  "shortDesc": "Automates mining in That 70's Volcano.", 
  "category": "adventure", 
  "longDesc": "This script will automate mining in the Volcano, including fetching the drill if you need it and outfitting you."
 },

I have a question if anyone can answer it, I'm running into the same issue as ungawa in this thread (towards the end), if I don't add a "/code/" folder to the path Mafia ends up giving it a long hex name when you checkout. Tried to look for an issue for it but couldn't think of what to search for to find it. If this is something that needs to be resolved in Mafia I'll post a new issue, but I'm worried I'm doing something wrong. UberFerret's PVP optimizer above seems to have the same problem.

Alternatively, if anyone knows of a way to get sourceforge to accept /code/ as the svn path, I'd happily do that also..

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
There's no thread for it, I hope that's not strictly obligatory.

After considering the matter I am going to say it is strictly obligatory because if you don't have a thread and someone has a problem they aren't going to know where to post their problems and they will probably kMail me for help. Too often people kMail me for help with things that aren't my concern and I don't want to encourage it. Probably just because I seem to be the helpful type. The fact that I got such a kMail yesterday does slightly influence this decision. So please create a thread for your script before I add it to the Script Manager. All the thread has to say is "This script will automate mining at That 70's Volcano, including fetching the drill if you need it and outfitting you."

Thanks for writing a Hot Mining script. I'll have to try it out some time. I hope you make a thread for it soon so that I can add it to KoLmafia's official list.

Bale

Minion
It seems that coandco's script requires you to set up an outfit in advance with a specific name, so yours definitely has some advantages. He says that his also requires you to use potions of object detection in advance before running the script. Does yours require potions of detection and if so, will it use them automatically?

It seems that coandco's script requires you to set up an outfit in advance with a specific name, so yours definitely has some advantages. He says that his also requires you to use potions of object detection in advance before running the script. Does yours require potions of detection and if so, will it use them automatically?

Mine doesn't use object detection. His mines through the bottom three (maybe higher?) rows and stops when it hits velvet/gold, mine just looks for visible sparkles in the bottom two rows. I don't know which is ultimately better. I sent him a message telling him he can grab the outfitting etc. from mine if he wants. It just doesn't make sense to list multiple scripts just for this, no reason not to just combine the better parts of both.

Bale

Minion
That makes sense. It'll be great if your scripts are combined into a single script which is better than either.

digitrev

Bale. Since googlecode is no longer available for development, can you update extraction to point to https://svn.code.sf.net/p/digitrev/code/extraction

Thanks.

Bale

Minion
Sure. I can do that. However you should note that people who have already installed extraction will not have their repository updated to the new URL. This will only affect brand new installations.

Is it no longer possible to make any changes to your old code repository? If it is still possible, you should add an error message to that effect.

Edit: SVN repo is now changed.

Last edited:

digitrev

Sure. I can do that. However you should note that people who have already installed extraction will not have their repository updated to the new URL. This will only affect brand new installations.

Is it no longer possible to make any changes to your old code repository? If it is still possible, you should add an error message to that effect.

Edit: SVN repo is now changed.

Google code no longer allows people to make changes. I missed the deadline to put that in.

Bale

Minion
Hopefully they'll notice that they need to delete their old installation and reinstall it.

At least when they show up in the thread to ask for help because KoL changes have stopped it from working, they can be given that advice then.

Bale

Minion
It has been quite a while since I have had a failure with Exandora's Guide updating. I also haven't seen someone complaining that their Guide wasn't updated in the thread. I'm thinking that the conflict between mafia and gitHub might no longer be an issue. Has anyone had a problem with mafia updating a GitHub script in the last few months? If not, I need to consider a change in policy to allow adding GitHub scripts to the Script Manager.

I am pleased to report that I have had no issues since people stopped reporting Guide updating problems. :D Furthermore, other GitHub scripts update just fine as well.

Bale

Minion
I have decided that Github and KoLmafia are now fully compatible with each other, so if anyone with a script on GitHub wants to have it listed in the Script Manager, they should request that here.

The minimum information necessary to be listed in the Script Manger is a link to your script's forum thread and the checkout link. It is not necessary, but it would be very much appreciated if that request was accompanied by a full listing of all the information that I would need to list it, such as the short and long descriptions. I would be even happier if you went the full mile and listed all that information in JSON format as some other people have done in this thread.

Thank you and you're welcome.