Scripts on SVN

Bale

Minion
Wait, what? Is that a pen name? Is it a separate person? Is it the pet name you bestowed upon your, ahem... "anatomy"? It sounds like the last of those options, but I really don't want to imagine you doing your scripting that way.

Is it the pet name you bestowed upon your, ahem... "anatomy"? It sounds like the last of those options, but I really don't want to imagine you doing your scripting that way.

Congratulations, I actually lolled, but no.

In real life, the person to whom the handle bordemstirs belongs is my best friend. She created this account to download a script, and I used it to do the same (because I'm lazy).

But then I posted something.

And then another. And before I realized it I had developed an entire personality and actual content attached to this username at this site. In KoL-proper (and all elsewhere on the internet) I go by Almighty Sapling.

Bale

Minion
That is really confusing.

Would you like fewyn to change your name to Almighty Sapling? I cannot be certain that he is amenable to potentially confusing people as to your identity, but if you'd put in your signature, "Formerly known on this forum as bordemstirs." I believe that can be alleviated. The technical problem of name changing isn't a big deal in vBulletin although you would need to remember to sign in under that new name. Anyway, if you desire, we could ask him.

Fluxxdog

Or he could just put something in his mafia signature as to who he is like you have, Bale. The name "bordemstirs" seems rather fitting here given the backstory ^^

Were I to do that (have this account changed to Almighty Sapling [without space if need be]) would I be able to then make a new account with the name "bordemstirs" for her to continue using? She never posts anything, but I think she'd be upset if I outright *stole* her account (even though you no longer need to be logged in to download scripts, pretty sure)

Bale

Minion
Okay, it is starting to seem complicated. I mean, sure you could create a new account with that name once the current account no longer has that name, but it would be confusing and... You know what, do whatever you like. If you want to change your name and create a new account for the actual bordemstirs, explain the deal to fewyn and see how he feels about it since he's the only law that matters.

loutini

Thanks for this page, very helpful.
Can you add your Universal Recovery and in a "teaching to fish" kind of way, can you describe how, if possible, one might find the full URL to use if its not described in the installation instructions?

Bale

Minion
I think it would be obvious that I'm on top of this due to my prominence and that if I haven't put it on SVN that I have not simply overlooked the possibility.

Anyway, I don't terribly mind the questioning. It feels like fan mail to know people care so much. :D

Theraze

Maybe we should have a grid of "Scripts that won't get SVN" with a link to the post where the creator says it's not going to SVN. UR would probably be the only entry for a while, but... at least then it would have an easy link to the "1up == SVN && UR <> SVN" thread.

zarqon

CLI Links may also be added:
Code:
svn checkout https://svn.code.sf.net/p/clilinks/code/

BatMan RE also includes this as a dependency.