Bale's Relay Overrides

Bale

Minion
Updated those URLs. Don't I need to also update knoll.php?place=smith to something with a place.php? Like place.php?whichplace=knoll_friendly&action=dk_innabox ? It's still gonna be a bit until I finish with Dreadsylvania and can check that myself.

Lxndr

Not sure what this means:

M C:\Users\MiniPC\Dropbox\Mafia\svn\bale-relay-desc_wikiLinks\relay\wikiLinks.ash
svn: E155032: Pristine text not found

Theraze

You broke/modified the wrong file in your SVN, either on purpose or through bad luck. svn delete bale-relay-desc_wikilinks and check it out again.

Winterbay

Huh. Yeah, I never touch those files.

Thanks, that worked.

Have you copied the Mafia folder, including the svn-folder from one system to another and back again? I think that was what broke mine when it complained about the same thing a while back.

Fluxxdog

A little something that's been on the edge that I FINALLY got around to bringing up: in wikilinks.ash, links that have quotes in their names cause a failure. For example, the bagged stuffed "L" creates a link that points to javascript:window.open("http://kol.coldfront.net/thekolwiki/index.php/bagged_stuffed_"L"");window.close() but fails because the quotes close early. I've found a workaround. I added this after line 20:
Code:
name = replace_string(name, """, "%5C%22");
This generates a link with javascript:window.open("http://kol.coldfront.net/thekolwiki/index.php/bagged_stuffed_%5C%22L%5C%22");window.close() and has it function as expected. The %5C is the \ which allows it to escape properly.

Bale

Minion
Thanks Fluxxdog. I'll add that to the script tomorrow. (Kinda too much trouble right now.)

Fluxxdog

It absolutely is. However, I tried url_encode() and it wouldn't work with it. Using url_encode(name) would give links that the wiki wouldn't recognize. Also, since the only character causing the problem was the quotation mark, it makes sense to adjust just for that.

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
Probably because
Code:
> ash url_encode($item[bagged stuffed "L"])

Changing "bagged stuffed "L"" to "bagged stuffed "L"" would get rid of this message ()
Returned: bagged+stuffed+%26quot%3BL%26quot%3B

although hm,

Code:
> ash url_encode(entity_decode($item[bagged stuffed "L"]))

Changing "bagged stuffed "L"" to "bagged stuffed "L"" would get rid of this message ()
Returned: bagged+stuffed+%22L%22

> ash url_encode(entity_decode($item[bagged stuffed "L"])).replace_string('+', '_')

Returned: bagged_stuffed_%22L%22
http://kol.coldfront.net/thekolwiki/index.php/Bagged_stuffed_"L"

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
Fixed thanks to Fluxxdog.

I tried using a variant of heeheehee's solution, but it turned out to really need the %5C before %22.

Bale

Minion
Try the script. When I click the link, the %5C disappears and we get the proper link. I am not sure, but I suspect the java is mollified by escaping the characters and accepts every %5C as a rightful sacrifice to its glory.

Darzil

Developer
Any chance of a preference to turn off the replacing the campground link with a redirect to bookshelf? Or shall I just delete it in SVN?

I find that I cast skills from casting page or mafia or chat macro, so for this it is just adding a page of text to scroll past to access my campground for me.