Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Bale's Relay Overrides

I'm glad you were able to adapt my game.ash to your purpose despite my oversight.

Okay, I have found Topmenu and have downloaded it.
    It's quite nifty! How do I get rid of the florist and the clan raidlogs? My screen is not large enough to handle those AND the clan changer. (For some reason, the clan changer simply sits on top of those icons)

Okay, I have found Topmenu and have downloaded it.
    It's quite nifty! How do I get rid of the florist and the clan raidlogs? My screen is not large enough to handle those AND the clan changer. (For some reason, the clan changer simply sits on top of those icons)
    Originally Posted by Lxndr View Post
    It never occurred to me that anyone would want to get rid of them. I figured that if you use the KoL option to extend your topmenu over the top of your character pane, then there would be plenty of space for them.

If you are comfortable with editing a script. (You are, aren't you?) then the simplest method would be to go to the svn directory and delete lines 297-305. (That only works for drop-down style. The link style is lines 239-247.) Then type "svn sync" into the CLI. Future updates will be seamlessly merged with that change.

If you're not comfortable with that, then I can see about adding a simpler method for you.
    If people like my scripts, please send me stuffed Hodgmen.
    Universal Recovery, OCD Inventory Control, CounterChecker, newLife, ChIT.

Bale, I find the addition of the second floor to the VIP room adds an extra click for most of my visits to the VIP room. I usually go the second floor to access the fax machine or shower, shoot some pool, or swim a few laps far more often than all that trendy stuff on the first floor. Do you plan any changes to the Top Menu script, such as changing the VIP link to go directly to the second floor, or adding a VIP2 link? If not, I think I can hack my own version, but thought I'd check with you first to avoid re-inventing the wheel or creating an unnecessary divergence. While we're on the topic, the links I miss most from Mr. Scipt's Top Menu are the hippie fruit stand and Doc Galaktik. Any thoughts about adding those? Thanks for this great script. It makes my KoL experience a lot better and was the script that finally helped me overcome my fear of relay scripts.
    Last edited by Ethelred; 05-02-2015 at 05:04 PM. Reason: Fix typo.

I had not yet thought to do so. Most of my non-ascension VIP stuff is done from the mafia interface so it just hadn't occurred to me to do so.

I also don't dislike your other ideas. My main concern is that if I add too many features it gets way too cluttered. I'm a bit dubious about adding links to every shop in the game. I certainly can't imagine why anyone would need a regular link to the hippy fruit stand since mafia will just automatically go there when you want a pie or potion or whatever you make from those ingredients. I can see more merit to Doc Galaktiki although I never have to visit it although my automatic recovery takes care of that for me since not everyone likes recovery being automated.

Please tell me what elements on the second floor of the VIP room you need to visit directly instead of just using the KoLmafia interface which has buttons for that stuff in the Daily Deeds?

I had not yet thought to do so. Most of my non-ascension VIP stuff is done from the mafia interface so it just hadn't occurred to me to do so.
    Originally Posted by Bale View Post
    This sounds like a difference in personal styles. I do all my VIP stuff from the relay browser rather than the mafia interface. In fact, I'm not even sure how to do them from the mafia interface. Maybe there's some mafia capability that I'm not aware of?

I also don't dislike your other ideas. My main concern is that if I add too many features it gets way too cluttered. I'm a bit dubious about adding links to every shop in the game. I certainly can't imagine why anyone would need a regular link to the hippy fruit stand since mafia will just automatically go there when you want a pie or potion or whatever you make from those ingredients. I can see more merit to Doc Galaktiki although I never have to visit it although my automatic recovery takes care of that for me since not everyone likes recovery being automated.
    I tend to be overly paranoid about stuff being done behind the scenes, so I like to like to keep a hands on role with buying stuff from the fruit stand in aftercore (where I seem to be spending lots of time lately). I play several chars, in different clans, some of whom have Travoltan trousers and some who don't, but have access to them via a clan stash. So I wind up visiting the fruit stand manually somewhat frequently. But I can see that may be a quirk of my playstyle, so I'm alright with adding it to my personal version if you don't think it would be useful in general. I don't use your auto recovery script (see paranoia, above), so I probably visit Doc more than you. Again, I can add it myself if you feel it's specialized. I have a 2560 x 1600 display and I use a large browser window, maybe 2100 x 1300, so I actually have a lot of room in my top menu frame. Even using a larger font, about 1/3 of it is still blank horizontally. So I'd like to see more links there, but I realize I'm probably not typical in that regard. Because I could customize the top menu was the reason I hung unto Mr. Script for so long even though I didn't use very many of the other features of Mr. Script. I got very set in my ways with my customized top menu and am still having some withdrawal symptoms without it.

Please tell me what elements on the second floor of the VIP room you need to visit directly instead of just using the KoLmafia interface which has buttons for that stuff in the Daily Deeds?
    Again, this seems to boil down to personal styles, I do most everything in the relay browser rather than the mafia interface window. The Crimbo tree, pool table, and occasionally the fax machine are the items I like easy access to. As I indicated, some of my chars overnight in clans that don't have some or all of those items. Sometimes I need to access a fax that isn't available via the fax network. In times gone by, I used the shower, the pool, and the looking glass in run. I'm not a fan of "restricted" ascension and am not sure how much that will be case henceforth, but I'm guessing I'm more likely to do unrestricted runs, if I ever get back to ascending at all. So I guess what I'm looking for is a simple link to the second floor of the VIP room, not links to individual items.

Sorry for the long reply. I realize my usage may not be typical so will understand if you don't care to implement any of these features, but thanks for considering them.

I'm glad you wanted to discuss it.

I'm definitely not going to add a link to the hippy farm. That definitely seems like a specialized use and sounds little different than adding a link to every NPC store. Doc Galaktik though... I may add a link to him, particularly since his remedies are now reasonably cost efficient for more of the game. I'll think about that.

As for the second level of the VIP room... All the things you mention are covered by the daily deeds panel, but it does seem like something that I need to consider.

I'll come to a decision tomorrow or the next day. For the ones I decide not to add, I am glad that SVN can merge your copy to make it possible for you to run a person modification and still get updates.

Fair enough. I look forward to your decision.

Committed code two days ago, but forgot to comment on it here.

I've added VIP2 and Doc to the topmenu per your request. Do you want any advice on adding the hippy fruit stand to the SVN copy or is it easy stuff for you?

Thanks to ckb, I have added a new override to this collection. If you are checking Dinseylandfill it will display your progress towards gaining each of the four keycards and killing Wart Dinsey. I expect to add some more information to this override soon since it should also inform you of which options you have unlocked in the maintenance tunnels.

Dinseylandfill: svn checkout https://svn.code.sf.net/p/bale/dinsey/code/
    • Tracks your progress towards gaining each of the four keycards and killing Wart Dinesey.