Bale's Relay Overrides

zarqon

Hey Bale! I was about to make myself a helper for the LT&T Office tonight and then discovered that you had already made an excellent one! There is one important piece of information missing from your helper, however, and that's factoid information. I still have boss factoids remaining and choose my quests based on that.

Since Factroid! tracks your factoids in an external file, I took the liberty of converting this script to be more in the style of Factroid!, with monster images instead of text and the number of attained factoids displayed underneath as bullets. If you have tracked factoids using Factroid! the bullets will display -- if not, no bullets will appear. Also, if you have CLI Links installed, the monster images will be clicky to wiki the monster -- if not, they simply won't be clicky. That means no additional dependencies, just features that nicely degrade if you don't have the support scripts installed.

Steal as you see fit; and either way, thanks for the excellent script!

Attachments

• place.town_right.ash
    5.8 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

Bale

Minion
Thanks. It's... troublesome. I seem to remember that when I did it the other way, it caused problems for a different page due to odd wiki issues. I can't remember the exact example though.

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
$skill[jalapeno saucesphere].to_string() == "Jalapeño Saucesphere". url_encode() won't do anything to help here; you want to decode the ñ (and then, maybe url encode the resulting string).

Bale

Minion
hee^3, you're usually correct, but this time you're missing the step of entity_decode() to make it work. I think that this should be fine:

Code:
> ash $skill[jalapeno saucesphere].to_string(). entity_decode().url_encode()

Changing "jalapeno saucesphere" to "Jalapeño Saucesphere" would get rid of this message ()
Returned: Jalape%C3%B1o+Saucesphere

Unfortunately the wiki won't accept that because it wants underlines instead of pluses...

Last edited:

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
I meant to say two things separately:
1) $skill[jalapeno saucesphere].to_string() == "Jalapeño Saucesphere"
2) Consequently, url_encode() in itself is inadequate (as that would generate a string like "Jalape%26ntilde%3Bo+Saucesphere"). You need to first decode ñ -> ñ.

So, yes, that works just fine.

Bale

Minion
billybobfred, thanks for reporting and prompting me to attend to this.

I think I fixed the issue. Then while testing my fix I found an old issue causing trouble with differentiating effects from similarly named skills. Fixed that also.

Hopefully I didn't break anything else while fixing this. Please tell me if any new issues are found.

Bale

Minion
I have finally added deadned's Source Terminal HUD to the campground.

This is purely the sort of thing that I would never have done on my own so I give all credit to deadned for creating this. I've changed up the code a bit and made some small alterations to its appearance for which I hope that deadned will forgive me. At least I left in the ability to change the text color back from green to yellow, so he shouldn't hate me too much.

Erich

Hey Bale. I just wanted to say 2 things:

1> Thanks for the Source Terminal update, it's a huge help.

2> I use the fuck out of your topmenu.ash script. Honestly, this is easily my favourite script. I changed it to fit my needs, and I was hoping you could look at my modifications and tell me if I fucked anything up. If not, that's ok, since this is mostly a post thanking you for the original and giving me the basics to modify it. Here's my modification of your script:

http://pastebin.com/1VZKYTiQ

Cheers,
~E

Bale

Minion
Wow. That's a lot of extra topmenu links! I'm not going to go over it link by link since I figure if it works for you, then it isn't f-ed up. By the way, you aren't including my most recent update to topmenu. In Nuclear Autumn I refer the guild link to the mutation shop.

I'm very glad it helps you.

PS. The source terminal update for the campground is mostly deadned's work. I just made a few tweaks.

Erich

Heh, Danke 8^)

I will only suggest one thing, though, even though it's pretty much only aesthetic...

Code:
results.replace_string('smallleftswordguy.gif" width=33 height=40>', 'leftswordguy.gif" width=33 height=40></a>);'

It allows for a way clearer picture of the Sword & Martini Guy.

By the way, you aren't including my most recent update to topmenu. In Nuclear Autumn I refer the guild link to the mutation shop.

I just updated it to include that, thanks!

PS. The source terminal update for the campground is mostly deadned's work. I just made a few tweaks.

I am hyper-sensitive about proper attribution, so I understand. I noticed you using Deadned's code in this thread, so it's cool 8^)

===

One day soon I need to send you my hybrid topmenue / awesomemenue script. It's ridiculously simple, but it's really sweet:

http://imgur.com/a/oSrSD

Bale

Minion
Attention Gelatinous Noobs!

I've just made an extremely important upgrade to the "desc wikiLinks" relay script. Want to know what skill you'll gain from absorbing an item? Now if you use the desc wikiLinks script, that information is added to the description of the item!!

I recommend that anyone who is on the Gelatinous Noob path install (or update) the relay script.

Bale

Minion
Attention Gelatinous Noobs!

I was a little bit surprised to discover that we keep skills from day to day. This means the skill list will swiftly become difficult for a player to keep track of. I've decided to add another feature to the item description to let you know if that skill has already been absorbed.

Once you update the script: If you have already absorbed a given skill, it will draw a strike-through line across the description of the skill you would have learned from absorbing that item.

The Wikilinks Noob Skill Tracker does not recognize and label the starter items (interesting clod of dirt, dirty bottlecap, discarded button).

Probably because they're special cases that don't follow the normal rules for which absorptions grant skills. (I checked, and they do follow the descid%125 rule at least.)

Bale

Minion
Fixed.

Also stopped showing an absorbed skill for equipment. (Except for familiar equipment which can teach skills. So weird.)