Feature - Implemented Duplicate scripts cause "not found" error for consult scripts

Status
Not open for further replies.

nightslide

Hi guys, downloaded the newest version of mafia, and now when I run my turns, I get this error:
Consult script 'trailme.ash' not found.
You're on your own, partner.
Click here to continue in the relay browser.

Here's a copy of my CCS:
skill disco dance of doom
skill disco dance ii: electric boogaloo
consult trailme.ash
attack with weapon

It was working fine yesterday, and I've tried going back to an older version of mafia, and no luck there either.
Can someone smarter than me let me know what's happened?

Thanks,

d

Last edited:

Theraze

Do you possibly have multiple versions of trailme in your mafia folders? That was recently made to abort rather than just grab a random file and keep running.

Also, don't set "Waiting for info" next time. Only use the main 3 categories. Waiting for info means that the developers have asked you a question, and if you don't answer them then the BR will be closed soon.

nightslide

Do you possibly have multiple versions of trailme in your mafia folders? That was recently made to abort rather than just grab a random file and keep running.

Also, don't set "Waiting for info" next time. Only use the main 3 categories. Waiting for info means that the developers have asked you a question, and if you don't answer them then the BR will be closed soon.

Ah, you're right, there's one in Consult, and one in Scripts. I'm not positive which one I should delete?
Thank you very much, doing to get rid of one, and if that doesn't work, i'll move it back to scripts.

And thanks for the info about "Waiting for Info", I was thinking I was waiting for info.

Thanks!
Edit: Sure enough, that has it. Thank you so much for the help!!!

Rinn

Developer
I changed the thread title, duplicate scripts should show the paths instead of a not found error, so there still is a bug here.

I think most moderately computer-proficient users who have encountered an ambiguous, non-descriptive, and/or misleading error message (in someone else's program) would disagree with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.