Pork to the Future - Cyrus, Hyboria, Future, and Wumpus!

guyy

Pork to the Future 1.01 - Automated Agua de Vida Quests and Wumpus Farming

A script to automatically complete:
...and get you a nifty Secret from the Future.

Besides the script itself (below), you'll need at least 10 empty agua de vida bottles; and auto-recovery, which will be enabled if it it's off, because Cyrus is a jerk. (Bale's Universal Recovery works wonders, but isn't absolutely necessary).

Gemelli's Wumpinator, i.e. that thing that helps you do the Wumpus cave manually in Mafia, was essential for testing this script's wumpus-hunter, but it operates without any input from Wumpinator...for some reason. Actually, it often locates the Wumpus several steps before Wumpinator does; though it will still sometimes fail, because many cave setups make it impossible to find the Wumpus without doing anything dangerous. In the event of Krakrox's untimely death, it remembers the cave and does a better job the second time.

This is not a combat script, so your usual CCS or whatever will be used for combat, unless the script needs to do something special (like olfact evil cultists). Your gear will generally be the result of "maximize -combat" because Krakrox needs noncombats badly.

Normally, it will only kill one Wumpus during the quest (to get a glowing crystal), but if you want it to kill one whenever it gets the chance, use this command before you run the script:

Code:
set porkfutureWumpusGenocide = true

To run the main quest script, install it (below), then find PorkFuture.ash in the menu or use the CLI command:

Code:
porkfuture

To slaughter numerous Wumpii without doing that "quest" nonsense:

Code:
wumpusfarm [# of wumpii to kill; negative number will max out ML]

Or unlock the Wumpus trophy (this might eat a lot of adventures, so keep an eye on it):

Code:
wumpusfarm trophy

Installation: get a recent build of KoLmafia, then paste this into the CLI:

Code:
svn checkout https://svn.code.sf.net/p/guyymafia/code/porkfuture

After that, "svn update" should update this and all other scripts installed via SVN.

Last edited:

Uli

Surprised there haven't been any comments on this, but I just ran this and it went perfectly. Thanks!

guyy

It's just kind of a niche-purpose thing, I guess. Thanks for the test-run, though; what with only being able to test it once per ascension, it's hard to be sure something like this actually works. Apparently, it does! :p

Bale

Minion
It's just kind of a niche-purpose thing, I guess.

Well, I did the quest ages ago for all three rewards, then more recently I did it another three times for the factoids. I really wish I'd had your script at the time.

The script is not niche. It's just that most experienced players, like myself, have passed the need for it. Maybe I'll use it for a multi someday.

guyy

In my infinite unluckiness, I got it into a situation where it couldn't recognize a noncombat, because apparently the pre-quest ones occasionally insinuate themselves into the quest. That should be fixed now, but tell me if you notice that in the current version.

Also, "wumpusfarm -#" will boost ML while wumpus-farming to collect extra icky fur, for display-case spamming or...something.

T_E

In my infinite unluckiness, I got it into a situation where it couldn't recognize a noncombat, because apparently the pre-quest ones occasionally insinuate themselves into the quest. That should be fixed now, but tell me if you notice that in the current version.

Also, "wumpusfarm -#" will boost ML while wumpus-farming to collect extra icky fur, for display-case spamming or...something.

I just ran this again, on another account, and it performed flawlessly. Thanks again for providing this script! =)

dangerpin

Love this script, thank you so much for making it. Just recently I started getting this error:
Cannot apply operator || to wumpus_pit[] (string) and wumpus_bats[] (string) (porkfuture.ash, line 392)

Not quite sure what to do to fix this. Any help appreciated.

Theraze

It's similar to the error that Wossname and the place.ash relay override from BatMan currently get. It means that there had been an invalid comparison, which looked like it was valid, which was actually handing over the right string as its 'answer' to the comparison in a completely useless way. :)

guyy

That's...uh...I don't know why it wasn't having that error before, because that if-statement definitely makes no sense. Must have been a recently-fixed bug in the script parser.

Will have to re-check it later since my version of Mafia doesn't crash on that line, but I think it's fixed now.

Running it now and DAMN! This thing is awesome! Thanks for making this :D Is there a way for it to automate the wumpus hunt after completing the full 3 quest? I need the trophy plus a bunch of the hair for crafting :)

Last edited:

guyy

Is there a way for it to automate the wumpus hunt after completing the full 3 quest? I need the trophy plus a bunch of the hair for crafting :)

Yep; check the "wumpusfarm" commands in the first post. You can still kill Wumpuses after finishing the quest.

rlbond86

Just a suggestion: you should change line 46 of PorkFuture to

Code:
	cli_execute("maximize -combat -tie");

this makes the equipment less annoying.

guyy

Huh... I didn't even know you could tell maximize to not shuffle your entire outfit. I stuck in that, and a couple lines to prevent unequipping Pantsgiving for +ML (because I'm guessing that's why this became an issue :p ).