New Content - Implemented a few more sea issues

AlbinoRhino

1. At the Mer-kin Elementary School, having a Mer-kin hallpass in your inventory will cause choice adventure 705 to appear. Once that happens, the Mer-kin hallpass is lost but Mafia does not recognize that item loss.

2. 2 new choices were added to the Economist of scales adventure, which allow you to trade as many dull for rough as possible, or as many rough for pristine as possible. Mafia recognizes the items gained for these choices but not the corresponding item losses.

Also, I noticed there were some changes to the actual choice numbers, if they matter. The 2 new choices are #4 & #5. Choice #3 (which used to be the choice which allowed you to exit the adventure), apparently does not exist anymore. The exit choice is now #6.

3. When my dolphin-chasing script uses the line "retrieve_item(1, $item[dolphin whistle]);", mafia appears to automatically unequip my hat, equip an aerated helmet, retrieve the whistle, then re-equip the original hat. Perhaps a check for whether "Adventure Underwater" is already true should be included before these server hits are generated ? Usually that's the case. I will be wearing a scholar or gladiator mask, but mafia insists on the aerated helmet. Seems odd.

Edit:
4. Oh and it occurs to me why I have a script for chasing dolphins. When a dolphin whistle is used, mafia apparently sets the "Item Drop Penalty" and "Meat Drop Penalty" (and possibly other changes I never noticed) to 0. If you return to immediately adventuring where you were before using the whistle, after using it, the penalty values will remain at 0 until something else causes them to be updated. A single adventure in some other location will set the penalties again. Or, as I later discovered, simply using set_location to change the current location, and then looking at the penalty values (in my case, simply printing their values) will start them updating again without having to expend an adventure elsewhere.

Last edited:

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
3. When my dolphin-chasing script uses the line "retrieve_item(1, $item[dolphin whistle]);", mafia appears to automatically unequip my hat, equip an aerated helmet, retrieve the whistle, then re-equip the original hat. Perhaps a check for whether "Adventure Underwater" is already true should be included before these server hits are generated ? Usually that's the case. I will be wearing a scholar or gladiator mask, but mafia insists on the aerated helmet. Seems odd..
Revision 12175 should fix this.

AlbinoRhino

Indeed it did. I'm a dummy. I should have made separate threads for these things; shouldn't I have ? You'd think I would know better by now.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Revision 13151 handles the Economist of Scales.

My testing revealed some bugs in how we log choice adventures, but I will write a new bug report for that.