Feature choice adventure selection options for The Hidden Heart of the Hidden Temple

Bale

Minion
I've merged three related threads. One which called it a bug and two which called it a feature request. It is definitely a feature request.

tl;dr: This is a dynamic choice adventure which requires mafia to navigate a succession of choices depending on the desired outcome. (Actually it is several linked choice adventures since it kludged together two different methods of making choice adventures when the Hidden City was revamped.) The task to add the feature is non-trivial even though other related problems have been successfully added to mafia.

Last edited:

Malurth

Well I did say at the end it wasn't really a bug, I just wasn't comfortable calling an omission of expected behavior a feature request...

Anyway, the choice adv pops up without having to do anything before it, and only one of the three options isn't preset. The third makes you navigate more choices, yes, but I don't think anyone automating turns in there wants to change the door every time the choice comes up, so that could be temporarily omitted as an option (instead, support the choice adventure without support for that option for now). I don't think anyone would auto-run turns in the temple in an ascension context thanks to stone wools (unless they have a between battle script to auto-use them in-run I guess). The real issue is that the lack of support halts automation entirely, when really the option that trips it up wouldn't be used in automation anyway.

And really, being able to navigate a series of choices should be implemented anyway eventually. It's probably going to become more and more common as the game grows.

Bale

Minion
I don't think anyone automating turns in there wants to change the door every time the choice comes up

In order to open the Hidden City you really need to do that. That's why this is a problem.

Anyway if you want to simply set it to prevent automation from aborting, you do not need to use the GUI. You can do it from the CLI

Code:
set choiceAdventure580 = 2