Best Between Battle Script Ever -- formerly AutoMCD

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
I get a "Don't know how to retrieve a (unknown item -1)" occasionally and repeatable when the first thing I do after logging in is get a fax and fight it. I used the debugger and BBB line 259 is the culprit.

The line is if (ordr == $item[Guzzlr cocktail set] || retrieve_item(1, ordr))

ordr is previously set by checking guzzlrQuestBooze which for the character in question is an empty string so mafia is correctly reponding to a request to retrieve an unknown item :)

zarqon

Ha, didn't account for the fact that if your guzzlrQuestLocation is empty, when you fight a fax you're adventuring there. Fixed in r41.

I can't imagine why a script would maximize every turn (except Fernswarthy's Basement, which changes every turn). Once per execution or, maybe, once per zone, if you want to manipulate non-combats, say.

Agreed. BBB is meant to run between turns, but I took pains to only maximize after checking that something important is missing -- which in normal use will mean once per zone.

Ah, speaking of whether things are important: I guess the Guzzlr hat isn't a big deal, so I've just let BBB know it's not important. If you are missing only the hat, BBB won't bother maximizing, although it will include it if you end up maximizing for the shoes and/or pants. r42

Magus_Prime

Today I had a Guzzlr delivery in The F'c'le but I did not yet have the pirate fledges. BBB then did the following:

Code:
Maximizer: equip Guzzlr pants, equip Guzzlr shoes, equip Guzzlr hat, outfit swashbuckling getup, -tie
Maximizing...
7680 combinations checked, best score 0.00 (FAIL)
Putting on Guzzlr hat...
Equipment changed.
Wielding garbage sticker...
Equipment changed.
Holding KoL Con 13 snowglobe...
Equipment changed.
Putting on Camp Scout backpack...
Equipment changed.
Putting on Guzzlr pants...
Equipment changed.
Putting on Mr. Cheeng's spectacles...
Equipment changed.
Putting on Xiblaxian holo-wrist-puter...
Equipment changed.
Putting on Xiblaxian holo-wrist-puter...
Equipment changed.
Putting on Mayflower bouquet...
Equipment changed.
Checkpoints cleared.
Maximizer: equip Guzzlr shoes, outfit swashbuckling getup, equip Guzzlr hat, equip Guzzlr pants, -tie
Maximizing...
300 combinations checked, best score 0.00 (FAIL)

It equipped the Guzzlr hat and pants, removing the Swashbuckling Getup that was required to adventure in the zone.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Not sure if this belongs here.

I am running Difficult Decisions. Automation often stops with an unsupported choice associated with Lights Out. Is there a way I can tell DD that I don't care about Lights Out (any more) and have it grab the Leave option and continue automation?

I am prepared to find out this is not a job for DD, or this is not the place, and prepared to find out that the problem is really that the script I installed to manage the quest needs to be uninstalled at least until I ascend :)