Page 3 of 67 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Between Battle Script Ever -- formerly AutoMCD

I thought that allowed users to easily handle all the possibilities -- if you want to go to the marketplace while getting nickels, don't specify nickels as a goal. If you want to skip the marketplace until you have X nickels, use a goal.

Per my naming convention, you should use "automcd" (which is non-script-specific... also used by Checklist.ash) in your ascend script rather than a separate setting. I guess I could make it easy for you and move auto_mcd() into ZLib. Yes. I'll do that.
    Sig by JakAtk
    My scripts: One-Click Wossname | Om******* (??) | Psychose-a-Matic | RandBot
    Combat suite: Best Between Battle | Me******** (?!) | SmartStasis | BatMan | BatMan RE
    For script authors: ASH Wiki | ZLib | BatBrain | CLI Links | CanAdv | Script Registry | Map Manager | About Bats
    If you appreciate my work, help me become BAT KING OF THE WORLD! Thanks to all donators!

Cool. How do our scripts cooperate? Ascend.ash has more knowledge of the user's intentions - e.g. it knows where the user is going to adventure next, rather than where s/he adventured last - so when ascend.ash is adventuring it should inhibit B3SE from changing the MCD settings and do it itself. (related note: zlib should accept the location as an argument, as it already does, so ascend.ash can tell it where it will adventure next)

First, one of us requests that my_adventure() return the target location when calling adventure(), to rid us once and for all of the first-adventure-with-wrong-MCD problem. Next, we wait for one of the devs to change it. Finally, I add auto_mcd() to ZLib.

Fortunately, all but the last one have already happened. I'll do the last one when I get home from work today. (Which will be around 10am for all of you North Americans.)
    Sig by JakAtk
    Combat suite: Best Between Battle | Me******** (?!) | SmartStasis | BatMan | BatMan RE
    For script authors: ASH Wiki | ZLib | BatBrain | CLI Links | CanAdv | Script Registry | Map Manager | About Bats
    If you appreciate my work, help me become BAT KING OF THE WORLD! Thanks to all donators!

I just found something else this script should do! If your next adventure is at Sonofa Beach and you have pulverize, then if there is a goatskin umbrella or a wool hat in your inventory, smash it promptly!

The adventures that give these items show up more frequently when you do not have them in inventory. By smashing them, you have a much higher output of yummy elemental wads. I'd prefer the wads to Zerg Rush.

However if you don't have pulverize, then keeping the hat and umbrella will increase your chance of getting yummy limes which are a decent booby prize.

Source
    If people like my scripts, please send me stuffed Hodgmen.
    Universal Recovery, OCD Inventory Control, CounterChecker, newLife, ChIT.

This could be bad for someone playing in softcore or mushycore (what do you call the thing that's softer than softcore?) and has pulled everything out of hangks' - since "everything" could include a bazillion goatskin umbrellas that they were planning to mallsell.

A good option, though, and maybe you do it if you have exactly 1 of the items.

Good point! If there is only 1 of them, then it should be assumed that the player doesn't want any and the previous one was just acquired.

Code:
          case $location[wartime sonofa beach]:
             if (have_skill($skill[pulverize])) {
                if (item_amount($item[goatskin umbrella]) == 1)
                   cli_execute("pulverize 1 goatskin umbrella");
                if (item_amount($item[wool hat]) == 1)
                   cli_execute("pulverize 1 wool hat");
             }
             return;
    Last edited by Bale; 07-28-2009 at 01:25 AM.

Perfect.

I'm suggesting a change to the way that the Cyrpt is handled. This is what my modified version of BestBetweenBattle now looks like:

Code:
          case $location[defiled alcove]:
             if (item_amount($item[half-rotten brain]) < to_int(vars["miniboss_items"])) {
                set_property("choiceAdventure153","3");       // get vars[miniboss_items] brains
              } else if (my_primestat() == $stat[muscle]) {
                 set_property("choiceAdventure153","1");    // get stats if mainstat is muscle.
              } else set_property("choiceAdventure153","4");  // Skip adventure
             return;
          case $location[defiled nook]:
             if (item_amount($item[rusty bonesaw]) < to_int(vars["miniboss_items"])) {
                set_property("choiceAdventure155","3");       // get vars[miniboss_items] saws
              } else if (my_primestat() == $stat[moxie]) {
                 set_property("choiceAdventure155","1");    // get stats if mainstat is moxie.
              } else set_property("choiceAdventure155","4");  // Skip adventure
             return;
          case $location[defiled niche]:
             if (item_amount($item[plus-sized phylactery]) == 0 && to_int(vars["miniboss_items"]) > 0) {
                set_property("choiceAdventure157","2");       // get a phylactery
              } else if (my_primestat() == $stat[mysticality]) {
                 set_property("choiceAdventure157","1");    // get stats if mainstat is mysticality.
              } else set_property("choiceAdventure157","4");  // Skip adventure
             return;
          case $location[defiled cranny]:
             if (item_amount(to_item("Ghuol-B-Gone")) < to_int(vars["miniboss_items"]))
                set_property("choiceAdventure159","3");       // get vars[miniboss_items] ghuol-b-gones
              else set_property("choiceAdventure159","4");    // always skip adventure since stat gain is small.
             return;
    Note that I made it possible to choose not to get a phylactery, since I set miniboss_items to 0 and I want it obeyed. Also, there's no point to get off-stat points, so those choice adventures are just a waste of time based on your character class and it now chooses accordingly.

You guys! Excellent!

@dj_d: I've moved auto_mcd() into ZLib, as well as declaration of automcd and some other settings I expect to be widely-used. The function will return true without doing anything if automcd is false, so you can call it without doing the check yourself. Enjoy!

Also: I call it "extremely-flaccid-core."

@Bale: Great ideas. I've added all of them in with one exception: I always want moxie stats from the Nook, particularly given the safety-threshold-based approach of a lot of my scripts.

Thanks for making this script even bester!

IMPORTANT NOTE FOR USERS OF 1.0: I have been a big jerkface and renamed two of the script settings! The new names are bbb_vampire_hearts and bbb_miniboss_items, replacing the former versions without the "bbb_". I changed my mind about not prefixing them. Sorry!! But not really.
    Sig by JakAtk

Glad you like my suggestions. Though it seems weird to maximize for moxie that way when your mainstat isn't moxie. That won't keep you out of danger if you're playing seriously.

Speaking of which I think I'll change it to:

Code:
       if (my_primestat() == $stat[moxie])
          auto_mcd(my_location());
    This script is VERY customizable to meet my personal desires. Unfortunately that makes it hard for me to update it easily when you release a new version.

Thanks for telling us about your changing the names of those settings. I can just fix my vars_bale without any trouble.