Page 2 of 67 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Between Battle Script Ever -- formerly AutoMCD

Stranger still....

2 'toons I am playing.

1 is SCNP SC w/ Moxie moon
    1 is HCNP SC w/ Moxie moon

The HC SC is the one getting the error message.

The SC SC is bueno.

:-/

Why would the car be a factor? I don't understand the potential relationship.
    Originally Posted by Raven434 View Post
    Under the Moxie moon sign, AutoMCD uses the presence of the meat car in your inventory as a sign that you can get to the beach, and therefore to the Annoyotron. You can edit out the detection line if that is a problem.

As for your SC character working fine, the script also detects if you could create a meat car, so perhaps you have enough inventory to do so (or have a meat car).

You can edit out the detection line if that is a problem.
    Originally Posted by StormCrow42 View Post
    Thanks Storm, that was going to be my next question.

;-)

At the time of writing, I couldn't see any other way to detect if the beach had been unlocked without costing a server hit. There still isn't, to my knowledge. I didn't like doing that, since I know that many players untinker the car after opening the beach. If you can think of a detection method that accounts for untinkered meatcars yet still doesn't hit the server, I'm all ears! I would love to get rid of that weakness in the script.

I'm soon to be rebranding AutoMCD as I roll some additional functionality into it beyond just MCDing. I have recently rewritten all my scripts to use a per-character script settings map, and I've made a serious bunch of updates to things in the process.

Perhaps later this weekend, I'll have everything ready to roll out.
    Sig by JakAtk
    My scripts: One-Click Wossname | Om******t (??) | Psychose-a-Matic | RandBot
    Combat suite: Best Between Battle | Mer********d (?!) | SmartStasis | BatMan | BatMan RE
    For script authors: ASH Wiki | ZLib | BatBrain | CLI Links | CanAdv | Script Registry | Map Manager | About Bats
    If you appreciate my work, help me become BAT KING OF THE WORLD! Thanks to all donators!

Dude... how do I rename this thread? Can it not be done by puny regular users such as I?
    Sig by JakAtk
    Combat suite: Best Between Battle | Mer********d (?!) | SmartStasis | BatMan | BatMan RE
    For script authors: ASH Wiki | ZLib | BatBrain | CLI Links | CanAdv | Script Registry | Map Manager | About Bats
    If you appreciate my work, help me become BAT KING OF THE WORLD! Thanks to all donators!

There's a thread renaming time limit. The time limit is set by the forum administrator. (It can range from never to always.) I don't know how long that time limit is on this forum, but until the deadline passes, you can easily rename the thread by just changing it in the first post. After the deadline only a forum moderator can change the thread title.
    If people like my scripts, please send me stuffed Hodgmen.
    Universal Recovery, OCD Inventory Control, CounterChecker, newLife, ChIT.

In that case, could a forum mod rename this thread? I already renamed the title of the first post. I'd like to keep the version-checking thread number from AutoMCD pointing here, and since this script is replacing AutoMCD I'd also like to avoid creating a new thread.
    Sig by JakAtk

Just took a look at what the new script is supposed to do. Holy Crap! Honestly, I think it lives up to its name.

In other news, it is interesting to see some of the many uses you've made of is_goal().
    If people like my scripts, please send me stuffed Hodgmen.
    Universal Recovery, OCD Inventory Control, CounterChecker, newLife, ChIT.

And I could make so many more uses of it if it returned an int! Alas, it does not... yet.

I'm sure there are some additional choiceadvs and/or items containing items which could be added to this script. I expect time and usage to reveal them, in addition to community-minded script users to report them here! Any suggestions about items-containing-items/choiceadv settings to add are welcome.

EDIT: Okay, so I've already found problems. Evidently, "conditions check" causes an abort state if there are conditions unmet, which is probably a bug. Capturing the result still didn't fix the problem, so I just removed the calls to conditions check. Further, I discovered I can't use betweenBattleScripts to fire between putty fights, so I've made fight_putty() recurse if fighting the putty monster results in another putty monster. I don't want to bump the version number since only two people have downloaded so far, so I've uploaded the (hopefully) fixed version without adjusting the version number.

Hey two people! Download it again!
    Last edited by zarqon; 07-25-2009 at 01:00 PM.
    Sig by JakAtk

Cool stuff! Some thoughts.
    Goal = hobo nickel means you skip the market? Why? You might be collecting nickels for item #2 while you're waiting to buy item #1.
    Put the mcd calculations in zlib, return the adjustment amount as an int, and then both B3SE and ascend.ash can use it.
    Should be bbb_automcd per your own naming convention . You might want bbb_automcd=false while ascend_automcd=true, for example.