Best Between Battle Script Ever -- formerly AutoMCD

zarqon

Open the script in a text editor and find this line:

Code:
       if (!have_familiar(f) || $familiars[cotton candy carnie, machine elf] contains f) continue;  // add familiars here you want to SKIP

You can add familiars there that you want the script to avoid during its rotation.

Also, SmartStasis would handle releasing the boots (and siphoning spirits, and many other things) for you. A beforeBattleScript can't very well handle the battle as well; you would need a duringBattleScript, which is otherwise known as a consult script (which is what SmartStasis is).

Bale

Minion
Candy is now a good thing!

Code:
      case $location[the castle in the clouds in the sky (ground floor)]:
         if (item_amount($item[electric boning knife]) == 0 && !have_skill($skill[garbage nova])) {
            if(have_skill($skill[Sweet Synthesis]))
               friendlyset(1026,"1","Want sweeties for synthesis.");
            else friendlyset(1026,"2","Get an electric boning knife.");
          } else friendlyset(1026,"3","Skip the foodie giant's room.");
         return;

zarqon

Haha! Got it.

설날 is coming up soon (lunar new year), so I'm hoping to get my mood script releasable, but there are some rather daunting bits left. We shall see.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
BBB doesn't not play nicely with G-Lover, as might reasonable be expected given zarqon's honeymoon :)

Specifically it unconditionally uses evil eyes and if there are any present then automation aborts.

I changed

cli_execute("use * evil eye");

to

if (my_path() != "G-Lover") cli_execute("use * evil eye");

My text editor doesn't want to show me line numbers at the moment but search for "evil eye" will get you there.

Magus_Prime

One more change:

Near the top of the file add "G-Lover" to the list of paths where we ignore the cookie counter.

Code:
   if (my_fullness() >= fullness_limit() || !can_eat() || my_meat() < 40 || my_fullness() == 0 || ($strings[Zombie Slayer,Avatar of Jarlsberg,G-Lover] contains my_path())) return true;

asturia

Minion
is the svn version the latest version of the script or do I need to edit the changes mentioned on the last page.
Just returning from a 3 year hiatus, so I need to update all of the scripts I used before.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
The last check in to svn was Oct. 19, 2015. If you think the changes are relevant then you should make them manually. zarqon is back from his honeymoon although it is not clear whether he still maintains this or is focused on a currently unreleased script that has similar functionality.

zarqon

2015? That's really quite a long time for a script to be waiting on another script, hobbyist or no. I think I shall have to release my mood script in its current state, my hopes and dreams for it notwithstanding.

Look for the mood script (where all the choiceadv selection logic is going, for better separation between relay and automated play) by the end of this month! When I do that, I can also update BBB (it will shrink considerably).

Kris Moonhand

If it's not already planned, could you make it so BBB takes off the familiar when going to the Fantasy Realm? I keep having to turn it off when adventuring there.

zarqon

As promised, Mercenary Mood is here!

And that means that all the choiceadv handling is in BBB no more as of r22. Mercenary Mood now contains all that code, and a good bit more.

Updates to BBB include:
  • Automatic ghost hunting!
  • BBB will equip Clownosity and Surgeonosity items as you find them, so you can now completely automate the Fun House and the Hidden Hospital!
  • A whole bunch more items you can fight!
  • Improved familiar swapping!

Enjoy!

@Kris: yep, that is in the updated version.

Saklad5

Is it possible to set more specific guidelines on swapping for familiar drops? Many familiars have cooldowns between drops that increase exponentially before being reset at rollover, and I’d like to get a certain number of drops before switching off them.

This also applies to the Cat Burglar in a way, as the Cat Burglar’s heist charges don’t reset upon rollover. They do reset on ascension, but it is worth keeping in mind.

At any rate, I don’t want to keep using the Happy Medium even when there is no chance of getting another worthwhile spirit today.

On second thought, it might be a good idea to split this behavior into another script.

Saklad5

Oh, and the Garbage Fire drops items at a constant rate, so it might be worth considering for familiar drops after everything else is given time.

Crowther

Is it possible to set more specific guidelines on swapping for familiar drops? Many familiars have cooldowns between drops that increase exponentially before being reset at rollover, and I’d like to get a certain number of drops before switching off them.
This script is aware of increasing cool downs and adjusts accordingly. It is amusing to watch it jump back and forth between familiars in a pattern that can change daily due to market prices.

This also applies to the Cat Burglar in a way, as the Cat Burglar’s heist charges don’t reset upon rollover. They do reset on ascension, but it is worth keeping in mind.
The cat burglar seems to be a very hard thing for this script to handle. People would likely want to save charges for a monster they haven't fought yet.

At any rate, I don’t want to keep using the Happy Medium even when there is no chance of getting another worthwhile spirit today.
Not sure what to say about this, since her charges last past rollover. For me, this script never makes it to her. At any rate, her value is hard to calculate. She works best if you can still fax/wish in a black crayon penguin.

Saklad5

I meant there should be a way to prevent it from switching familiars at all if all of the ones that give item drops have massive cool downs.

As for the Happy Medium, there are three levels of charge, each of which take (number of times Siphon Spirits was cast today)+3 combats to build. I don’t think the combats remaining persists across rollover.

The Cat Burglar has (I think) an uncapped number of heist charges that can be saved. It takes 10*2^(number of heist charges gained today) combats to get one charge, more or less. The number of combats remaining does not persist across rollover, but the charges themselves do, and can be used at any time to steal an item from one of the last three monsters fought with the Cat Burglar, regardless of when the charges were accrued. They are only reset upon ascension. You could think of them as quest items, in a way.

Last edited:

xKiv

She works best if you can still fax/wish in a black crayon penguin.

Wait what? What for?
I mean, why the penguin? It's not like you are getting fish heads without robortender ...
Is it just the only black crayon in the network?

Last edited: