Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: More monster info

Default More monster info

I have been working on a relay script for fight.php, to display some additional monster info. This supplements the info that Mafia already has displayed, and supplements the info from the Monster Manuel.

However, I wonder if some of this might be better integrated into the standard mafia interface (that would be my preference). Mafia already lists some of this info, so why not more?

In addition to hp/atk/def/type
    I would like to add:
    % Occurance in the zone (useful for knowing if you should olfact or banish)
    elemental alignment and weaknesses (cause I always forget those)
    Current inventory quantity for all drops (not just drop rates, so I can know if jiggling a meat staff or using a yellow ray is justified)

also, It would be nice to list adjusted drop rates, instead of base drop rates. Mafia already knows the user's item drop bonuses, so it should be nice for it to do that math.

ckb

So you'd like:
    Occurance:
    appearance_rates(my_location())[last_monster()]
    Example:
    > ash appearance_rates(my_location())[$monster[animated mahogany]]

Returned: 10.0
    Elemental alignment:
    last_monster().attack_element
    last_monster().defense_element
    Example
    > ash $monster[groar].attack_element

Returned: cold

> ash $monster[groar].defense_element

Returned: cold
    And inventory quantity...
    foreach it,ra in item_drops_array(last_monster()) print_html(ra.drop+": "+item_amount(ra.drop)+" - "+(ra.rate*(100+item_drop_modifier())/100));
    As an example of that:
    > ashq foreach it,ra in item_drops_array(to_monster("harem guard")) print_html(ra.drop+": "+item_amount(ra.drop)+" - "+(ra.rate*(100+item_drop_modifier())/100));

Knob Goblin deluxe scimitar: 1 - 17.5
    Knob nuts: 1 - 26.25
    Last edited by Theraze; 05-01-2013 at 10:46 PM.

Theraze, you misunderstand me. I have this done (as a relay override script). But it is so awesome, I though it would be nice to add this as standard information for all Mafia users. Share the wealth!

Limp.JPG

Too much is cluttery.

Meh. I like ChIT. Who am I to criticize what you're doing?
    Last edited by Bale; 05-01-2013 at 11:24 PM.
    If people like my scripts, please send me stuffed Hodgmen.
    Universal Recovery, OCD Inventory Control, CounterChecker, newLife, ChIT.

The idea is fine but the presentation is lacking. Example: adjusted drop rates could be mouseover text.

I'm wondering though if the whole thing shouldn't be in some sort of javascript collapsobox.

If weakness was added, it might belong next to the already elementally-colored monster name.

Monster occurrence rate is inaccurate due to the queue and such, and it doesn't take into account if a monster is already being tracked or if something is banished.

I prefer seeing base drop rates instead of adjusted drop rates. If I don't have enough +item, it's easier to figure out how much I'm missing. Adding in unrecognized things like the +25% florist is more straightforward when you start with the base rate. Listing both base and adjusted there is too much.

Now that I see other replies, having it as hover text or a collapsible box could work. Would it be collapsed by default or not? I think people will ask for the opposite of whatever is done, unless they don't realize there is a collapsed box to expand.

Would it be collapsed by default or not?
    Originally Posted by lostcalpolydude View Post
    Well there are three modes that I can think of and only two make sense:

- always starts collapsed
    - starts expanded, collapsed state persists across page refreshes / different monsters
    - always starts expanded

The third mode doesn't make sense on a page that gets reloaded all the time. The second mode probably addresses the widest number of concerns.

Monster occurrence rate is inaccurate due to the queue and such, and it doesn't take into account if a monster is already being tracked or if something is banished.
    Originally Posted by lostcalpolydude View Post
    It can also be inaccurate when a zone contains more than 1 copy of a given monster. This affects Hole in the Sky, Icy Peak, Degrassi Knoll and the Airship.

Of course, not having seen the script it is quite possible that ckb accounted for this, tracking AND banishment. You're merely assuming his script is inadequate to the stated task.
    If people like my scripts, please send me stuffed Hodgmen.
    Universal Recovery, OCD Inventory Control, CounterChecker, newLife, ChIT.

The 12.9% figure in his screen shot looks like +5% noncombat and no queue taken into account. Which isn't surprising, with how complicated it would be to track the queue everywhere.

Yeah... personally I'd prefer this either always be collapsed or not included. It's more information than I generally need (I go to the relay browser to finish fights). Since this can be done by relay overrides already, I'm not convinced this should be added to base-mafia.