New Content - Implemented Bento boxes and sushi doilies

Yendor

The bento box option for sushi is 5 Fullness and consumes:
white rice, seaweed, one of each fish meat, and a Mer-kin lunchbox, and one of:
tempura cucumber, carrot, avocado, broccoli, cauliflower, or radish, and one of:
anemone sauce, inky squid sauce, Mer-kin weaksauce, eel sauce, or peanut sauce.

The sushi doily adds 3 adventures to any sushi (and is consumed).

Code:
<body>
<center><script language=Javascript>
<!--
function updatedivs() {
	var picked=document.makesushi.whichsushi.value;
	if (picked<4) {
		document.getElementById("topping").style.display='none';
		document.getElementById("filling1").style.display='none';
		document.getElementById("veggie").style.display='none';
		document.getElementById("dippin").style.display='none';
	} else if (picked==7) {
		document.getElementById("topping").style.display='none';
		document.getElementById("filling1").style.display='none';
		document.getElementById("veggie").style.display='inline';
		document.getElementById("dippin").style.display='inline';
	} else {
		document.getElementById("topping").style.display='inline';
		document.getElementById("filling1").style.display='inline';
		document.getElementById("veggie").style.display='none';
		document.getElementById("dippin").style.display='none';
	}
}
//-->
</script>
<table  width=95%  cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0><tr><td style="color: white;" align=center bgcolor=blue><b>Sushi-Rolling Mat</b></td></tr><tr><td style="padding: 5px; border: 1px solid blue;"><center><table><tr><td><center><table><tr><td><b>You currently have:</b><br>beefy fish meat (3)<br>glistening fish meat<br>slick fish meat (3)<br>white rice (16)<br>seaweed (5)<br>sea cucumber (3)<br>eel sauce (2)<br>sushi doily (6)<br>Mer-kin lunchbox (5)<br>tempura cauliflower<br>inky squid sauce (5)<br>peanut sauce (3)<br></td></tr></table><form name=makesushi action=sushi.php method=post><input type=hidden name=action value=Yep.><input type=hidden name=pwd value=><p>Make Sushi: <select name=whichsushi onChange='updatedivs();'><option value=1 >beefy nigiri (3)</option><option value=2 >glistening nigiri</option><option value=3 >slick nigiri (3)</option><option value=4 >beefy maki (3)</option><option value=5 >glistening maki</option><option value=6 >slick maki (3)</option><option value=7 >bento box</option></select><div id=topping style='display: none;'><p>Topping: <select name=whichtopping><option value=0>- select a topping -</option><option value=3819>eel sauce (2)</option></select></div><div id=filling1 style='display: none;'><p>Additional Filling: <select name=whichfilling1><option value=0>- select a filling -</option><option value=3556>sea cucumber (3)</option></select></div><div id=veggie style='display: none;'><p>Vegetable: <select name=veggie><option value=3690>tempura cauliflower</option></select></div><div id=dippin style='display: none;'><p>Dipping Sauce: <select name=dippin><option value=3819>eel sauce (2)</option><option value=6395>inky squid sauce (5)</option><option value=6397>peanut sauce (3)</option></select></div><p><input class=button type=submit value="Roll and Eat"></form></center><p><center><a href="campground.php">Back to your Campsite</a></center></td></tr></table></center></td></tr><tr><td height=4></td></tr></table></center></body>

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Revision 12180 adds bento boxes. They don't have cute names, like filled and topped sushi, so I decided to name them with like this:

<VEGGIE> bento box with <DIPPIN' SAUCE>

So: "tempura cucumber bento box with Mer-kin weaksauce", for example.

No support for sushi doilies yet.

"New" bugs/issues I noticed for sushi:

In the gCLI:

electric white rabbit roll is unusable.
Verifying ingredients for electric white rabbit roll (1)...

tempura carrot bento box with inky squid sauce is unusable.
Verifying ingredients for tempura carrot bento box with inky squid sauce (1)...
It makes the items just fine, but what is that "xxx is unusable" line coming from? Didn't used to do that.

We also used to have a "sushi" link from inventory, but we don't have it any more. Perhaps the new sorting options and such changed the html of the page such we can't recognize it.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
When parsing sushi consumption, we have the responseText. The consumption message for a sushi doily is:

"Eating it off of a fancy doily makes it even more delicious!"

I'll have to check the HTML tomorrow, when I have fullness left, but that should be enough to cue us to remove a sushi doily from inventory.

I'm not sure if we should display a higher adventure range for sushi if you have sushi doilies in inventory. What if you queue three of them and only have one doily in inventory? I'm inclined not to. Perhaps list sushi doilies up top - like munchie pills and other consumption helpers - so you know how many you have, although you don't need to "queue" them.

I think it would be useful if we assigned "quality" colors to sushi, even though KoL doesn't. Bento boxes are 5 fullness and 24-32 adventures, which is 5.6 adventures per fullness, which is EPIC, yet they are black. Seems a little jarring.

Darzil

Developer
We also used to have a "sushi" link from inventory, but we don't have it any more. Perhaps the new sorting options and such changed the html of the page such we can't recognize it.

Was that near where the "zap" link used to appear ? (I never used sushi, but zap vanished at that time)

DoctorRotelle

Developer
If you're working on the sushi doily code, add the mer-kin worktea code, too. when we get a bold response from the worktea, can we display it to the log and store it in a variable somewhere? (there's 8 different codes needed for the mer-kin dreadscroll)

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Fair enough.

I started and finished the scholar's path today - after eating all my sushi for the day - so I got 7/8 of the codes and guessed for the last one. I got it right on my third try. I'll know to wait to eat at least one sushi with a worktea, next time.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Revision 12182 should finish this:

- removes sushi doily from inventory when successfully used with sushi
- ditto for Mer-kin worktea
- New per-ascension setting - workteaClue - to store the clue found when you have worktea with your sushi.