Feature Can I remove _some_ of my items from mall?

Yes, I am aware that KoL itself cannot remove items from mall, if it's not one and not all.

But it can be circumvented quite easily: for removing X from Y, remember current price, remove all, substract X from Y, put result back for remembered price.

Actually, it's how I do it manually. But can it be implemented as option in Mafia, please? :)

Theraze

I believe I already do this by selecting multiple items with shift or control and then clicking the remove button. Or does that not work anymore?

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
He wants to remove some of an individual item - you have 6 brass gears in the mall and want to remove 3 of them, for example - not some of the <n> items you have in your store.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
I have a very vague recollection that this FR has been made before, In The Distant Past. and rejected because KoL does not provide an easy means to do so. The workarounds either needed to be ACID or there were a set of reasonably probable circumstances that would break things and no one wanted to sign up to make this one thing an ACID transaction.

Theraze

Ah... that does make sense. Both more (explanation) and less (the reason behind it). :) Thanks, Veracity.

Winterbay

i have a very vague recollection that this fr has been made before, in the distant past. And rejected because kol does not provide an easy means to do so. The workarounds either needed to be acid or there were a set of reasonably probable circumstances that would break things and no one wanted to sign up to make this one thing an acid transaction.

acid?

roippi

Developer
Yes - KoL provides us with takeone and takeall methods. There is no takesome. We could hack around this by substituting a takeall and putsome when the user wants to takesome, but I dislike this for several reasons, most of which frono just brought up. It also fails on a UI level - on issuing the takesome command, mafia will show the item completely disappearing from store, then reappearing. There is no workaround for this.

If you want this feature, I suggest petitioning KoL/CDM to implement it on KoL's end, and we will gladly then implement it on our end.

Hmm. Ok, got it. I see nothing bad in (brief) disappearance of my items from mall, if they reapperared seconds after, but if you said so, ok. Thank you for explanation.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I'm reopening this, since KoL's store revamp now does allow you remove some of an item from your store, although we still provide only "Remove One" and "Remove All" buttons. That could change.

Theraze

There was some discussion on changing the "Take All" button to "Take Some" and pre-populating it with the full amount. As of r12979, the version as of the last time I fully closed mafia, it was still "Take All" instead. :)