Feature - Implemented Too much seemingly unnecessary changes in Modifier Maximizer

Now and again I am using Maximizer. It's very useful, but sometimes it's confusing me.

Now and again it offers equipment with "null" predicted improvement.

Right now, for example, it is proposing to exchange my Chester's muscle shirt for sea salt scrubs for Familiar weight max (and honestly says "+0"), and proposing to equip Shugar shield to almost any familiar with any equip for any maximizing - from mus to reveocity. Only exclusion is adv - for it Maximizer suggest Lil' businessman kit. :)

Can it be refined somehow, please? I can live with it, but selecting accessories one by one instead mindlessly press "equip all" still looks not very convenient (actually, I almost never use "equip all" because of that).

Umm... Can you give me some more details, please? Where can I use -tie? In CLI? I used to Modifier Maximizer tool (as it gives me preview what I will got and allows me to select anything). And as far as I can see, there is no switches for ties...

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
You aren't limited to what is in the dropdown, you can type other things there. You could type "item -tie" as an example.

Theraze

Yeah... this is my usual alias for standard in-run maximization:
mymax => ashq string maxstring = "0 beeosity, 4 item, 3 meat, 2 mainstat, .05 familiar weight, " + (my_primestat() == $stat[Moxie] ? "ranged damage, weapon damage, .1 initiative, -melee, " : my_primestat() == $stat[Muscle] ? "weapon damage, .1 initiative, melee, " : "spell damage, .1 initiative, ") + (my_class() == $class[Zombie Master] ? "0 mp regen, " : "") + "%%"; maximize(maxstring, false);
This translates to (for, say, a DB):
0 beeosity, 4 item, 3 meat, 2 mainstat, .05 familiar weight, ranged damage, weapon damage, .1 initiative, -melee,
and whatever else I need to weigh. If I'm adventuring in the guano junction as Boris without the resistance skill, for example, I'd throw 1000 stench res, 1 min, 1 max onto the end. To say that I NEED stench resistance, but only 1. If I wanted to eliminate the auto-checked (not that I generally do, because my normal line is complicated enough that SOMEthing will almost always match) bits, I throw the -tie on the end. But usually I just weigh the stuff I like more heavily instead. :)

Crowther

The fact that the modifier maximizer has a complex tie breaking rule isn't obvious right away from using it, but it works pretty well. I've even done things like "maximize outfit frat war" and just let it pick everything else for me. As pointed out already, you can turn off tie breaking (which is really just a hidden set of weights) with -tie. It's also off by default with somethings like adventures.

roippi

Developer
If you don't get how something works / need more information on a topic, we have a forum for that. Additionally, a forum search may have solved your problem, I know there's probably 5 to 10 extant threads about people not understanding the tiebreaker.