Feature - Implemented Track progress in Oil Peak, A-boo Peak

Bale

Minion
Veracity, it seems that both you and I made a newbie mistake. Fixed:

PHP:
boolean twinStepDone(int choice)
{
   return (get_property("twinPeakProgress").to_int() & (1 << (choice - 1))) != 0;
}

Found the bug when I implemented this in my AdventureAdvisor.

Last edited:

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Thanks!

Although ... you probably want "!= 0" rather than "> 0", in case you are checking the leftmost bit in the word...

Bale

Minion
Ah, of course. Let's take care of the edge case. Previous post fixed.

In case anyone wants to see, here's a practical implementation. It'll work once Roippi finishes implementing the intermediate steps for twinPeakProgress. Currently it will only be correct if the peak is completed.

PHP:
void comma(buffer b, string s) {
	if(length(b) > 0)
		b.append(", ");
	b.append(s);
}

boolean mysterious(int progress, int c) { 
	return (progress & (1 << c)) == 0;
}

string twinPeak() {
	int p = get_property("twinPeakProgress").to_int();
	buffer need;
	if(mysterious(p, 0)) need.comma("4 Stench Resistance");
	if(mysterious(p, 1)) need.comma("+50% Item Drop");
	if(mysterious(p, 2)) need.comma("Jar of Oil");
	// Only check for final if first three complete
	if(length(need) == 0) {
		if(mysterious(p, 3))
			return "Need +40% Initiative";
		return "Twin Peak Completed";
	}
	return "Need " + need;
}

Darzil

Developer
Should that read +50% Food drop, rather than Item drop, as it's food drop that matters? (item drop will work, as food drop is a subset of it)

Theraze

The current spoiler message shows item drop, so that's what Bale put in there. A strong argument could be made that the spoiler should be made accurate. ;)

roippi

Developer
r12047 (hopefully) updates twin peak stuff after successfully doing each choice. There's still some things that could be done for it, like further updating when we see a lack of buttons.

Boo- and oil-peaks still do not live-update, they only reflect current information after a quest log refresh. I likely will not get to those any time soon, I don't particularly enjoy mucking around in the FightRequest code.

Winterbay

r12047 (hopefully) updates twin peak stuff after successfully doing each choice. There's still some things that could be done for it, like further updating when we see a lack of buttons.

Boo- and oil-peaks still do not live-update, they only reflect current information after a quest log refresh. I likely will not get to those any time soon, I don't particularly enjoy mucking around in the FightRequest code.

ANy chance you could parse it from the character pane if the quest tracker is active?

ckb

Minion
Staff member

Using r12049, I am currently questing, and scripting using these preferences, and they do not seem to be updating. Even after a questlog visit, they still are not updating. I have not started Twin Peak yet, so this is just for booPeakProgress and oilPeakProgress.

roippi

Developer
Using r12049, I am currently questing, and scripting using these preferences, and they do not seem to be updating. Even after a questlog visit, they still are not updating. I have not started Twin Peak yet, so this is just for booPeakProgress and oilPeakProgress.

copy/paste relevant quest log page HTML please

AlbinoRhino

Here is some html for the oil peak. May have some more info for A-boo in a while ... but I'm almost out of adventures and may not get it today.

Code:
<body>
<centeR><table  width=95%  cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0><tr><td style="color: white;" align=center bgcolor=blue><b>Your Quest Log</b></td></tr><tr><td style="padding: 5px; border: 1px solid blue;"><center><table><tr><td><Center>[current quests]   [<a href="questlog.php?which=2">completed quests</a>]   [<a href="questlog.php?which=3">other accomplishments</a>]   [<a href="questlog.php?which=4">notes</a>]</center><p><b>Council Quests:</b><p><blockquote><b>There Can Be Only One Topping</b><br>The Highland Lord wants you to light his three signal fires in the Highlands.<p>You should check out A-Boo Peak and see what's going on there.<p>You need to solve the mystery of Twin Peak and figure out how to light the signal fire.<p>You should keep killing oil monsters until the pressure on the peak drops enough for you to reach the signal fire.    The pressure is currently 133.14 microbowies per Mercury.<p></blockquote><p><b>Guild Quests:</b><p><blockquote><b>Me and My Nemesis</b><br>You handily dispatched some thugs who were trying to collect on your bounty, but something tells you they won't be the last ones to try. <p></blockquote><p><b>Miscellaneous Quests:</b><p><blockquote><b>What's Up, Doc?</b><br>Doc Galaktik wants you to collect some herbs for him.  This is what he told you:
<p>
"First, I'll need three swindleblossoms. I'm not sure where they grow, but I know that the harem girls of Cobb's Knob like to wear them in their hair.
<p>
After that, I'll need three sprigs of fraudwort. It's used by ninja assassins from Hey Deze to make poisons.
<p>
Finally, I'll need three bundles of shysterweed -- it only grows near the graves of liars. Or so I've been told. The guy might've been lying, I guess."<p></blockquote><p><p><center><a href="campground.php">Back to your Campsite</a></center></td></tr></table></center></td></tr><tr><td height=4></td></tr></table></center></body>

The pref oilPeakProgress = 310.66, while the quest log is showing 133.14.

One thing that looks somewhat odd to me is that there are 4 spaces between "reach the signal fire." & "The pressure is currently".

Edit:
Below is html after the oil peak is complete. oilPeakProgress still equals 310.66:
Code:
<body>
<centeR><table  width=95%  cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0><tr><td style="color: white;" align=center bgcolor=blue><b>Your Quest Log</b></td></tr><tr><td style="padding: 5px; border: 1px solid blue;"><center><table><tr><td><Center>[current quests]   [<a href="questlog.php?which=2">completed quests</a>]   [<a href="questlog.php?which=3">other accomplishments</a>]   [<a href="questlog.php?which=4">notes</a>]</center><p><b>Council Quests:</b><p><blockquote><b>There Can Be Only One Topping</b><br>The Highland Lord wants you to light his three signal fires in the Highlands.<p>You should check out A-Boo Peak and see what's going on there.<p>You need to solve the mystery of Twin Peak and figure out how to light the signal fire.<p>You've lit the fire on Oil Peak.<p></blockquote><p><b>Guild Quests:</b><p><blockquote><b>Me and My Nemesis</b><br>You handily dispatched some thugs who were trying to collect on your bounty, but something tells you they won't be the last ones to try. <p></blockquote><p><b>Miscellaneous Quests:</b><p><blockquote><b>What's Up, Doc?</b><br>Doc Galaktik wants you to collect some herbs for him.  This is what he told you:
<p>
"First, I'll need three swindleblossoms. I'm not sure where they grow, but I know that the harem girls of Cobb's Knob like to wear them in their hair.
<p>
After that, I'll need three sprigs of fraudwort. It's used by ninja assassins from Hey Deze to make poisons.
<p>
Finally, I'll need three bundles of shysterweed -- it only grows near the graves of liars. Or so I've been told. The guy might've been lying, I guess."<p></blockquote><p><p><center><a href="campground.php">Back to your Campsite</a></center></td></tr></table></center></td></tr><tr><td height=4></td></tr></table></center></body>

Edit #2:
Here is the html after A-boo has been started, oilPeakProgress still at 310.66 & booPeakProgress at 100. Again there are 4 spaces before "It is currently".

Code:
<body>
<centeR><table  width=95%  cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0><tr><td style="color: white;" align=center bgcolor=blue><b>Your Quest Log</b></td></tr><tr><td style="padding: 5px; border: 1px solid blue;"><center><table><tr><td><Center>[current quests]   [<a href="questlog.php?which=2">completed quests</a>]   [<a href="questlog.php?which=3">other accomplishments</a>]   [<a href="questlog.php?which=4">notes</a>]</center><p><b>Council Quests:</b><p><blockquote><b>There Can Be Only One Topping</b><br>The Highland Lord wants you to light his three signal fires in the Highlands.<p>You should keep clearing the ghosts out of A-Boo Peak so you can reach the signal fire.   It is currently 98% haunted.<p>You need to solve the mystery of Twin Peak and figure out how to light the signal fire.<p>You've lit the fire on Oil Peak.<p></blockquote><p><b>Guild Quests:</b><p><blockquote><b>Me and My Nemesis</b><br>You handily dispatched some thugs who were trying to collect on your bounty, but something tells you they won't be the last ones to try. <p></blockquote><p><b>Miscellaneous Quests:</b><p><blockquote><b>What's Up, Doc?</b><br>Doc Galaktik wants you to collect some herbs for him.  This is what he told you:
<p>
<p>
<p>

Edit #3, A-boo peak complete, both preferences remain at their starting values:

Code:
<body>
<centeR><table  width=95%  cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0><tr><td style="color: white;" align=center bgcolor=blue><b>Your Quest Log</b></td></tr><tr><td style="padding: 5px; border: 1px solid blue;"><center><table><tr><td><Center>[current quests]   [<a href="questlog.php?which=2">completed quests</a>]   [<a href="questlog.php?which=3">other accomplishments</a>]   [<a href="questlog.php?which=4">notes</a>]</center><p><b>Council Quests:</b><p><blockquote><b>There Can Be Only One Topping</b><br>The Highland Lord wants you to light his three signal fires in the Highlands.<p>You've lit the fire on A-Boo Peak.<p>You need to solve the mystery of Twin Peak and figure out how to light the signal fire.<p>You've lit the fire on Oil Peak.<p></blockquote><p><b>Guild Quests:</b><p><blockquote><b>Me and My Nemesis</b><br>You handily dispatched some thugs who were trying to collect on your bounty, but something tells you they won't be the last ones to try. <p></blockquote><p><b>Miscellaneous Quests:</b><p><blockquote><b>What's Up, Doc?</b><br>Doc Galaktik wants you to collect some herbs for him.  This is what he told you:
<p>
<p>
<p>

Last edited:

AlbinoRhino

Is twinPeakProgress working?
No. I never saw twinPeakProgress change from 0 and I did make it through there with my last few adventures.

And how about questL09Topping?

I believe, Yes. I wasn't really checking questL09Topping, but I do use a script every day which references it and noticed nothing unusual with the script. It should have been apparent to me if it wasn't updating.

roippi

Developer
Oh I see. regex issue. That explains a couple of other quest log bugs people have reported. r12050

I don't know why twinPeakProgress didn't update for you, that's a separate issue.

AlbinoRhino

I have passed through this quest again today with another character. I am happy to report that booPeakProgress and oilPeakProgress now appear to be updating as expected. Thanks Roippi. You're awesome.

As to twinPeakProgress:
Initial value = 0
Completed stench resistance choice chain: value = 0
Completed item drop choice chain: value = 0
Completed oil jar choice chain: value = 0
Completed initiative choice chain: value = 0

I did not think to capture the quest log html after completing the stench chain, sorry.

After the item & oil jar chains, the quest log html is:

HTML:
<b>Council Quests:</b><p><blockquote><b>There Can Be Only One Topping</b><br>The Highland Lord wants you to light his three signal fires in the Highlands.<p>You've lit the fire on A-Boo Peak.<p>You need to solve the mystery of Twin Peak and figure out how to light the signal fire.<p>You've lit the fire on Oil Peak.<p></blockquote><p><b>Guild Quests:</b>

After completing the initiative chain (wedding ring obtained & fire lit):

HTML:
<b>Council Quests:</b></p><p></p><blockquote><b>There Can Be Only One Topping</b><br>You've lit all the signal fires!  Go see Black Angus, the Highland Lord, in his tower in the Highlands.<p></p></blockquote><p><b>Guild Quests:</b>

Edit:
I should probably mention that I always do this quest in the order: oil peak, a-boo peak, twin peak. I don't know how the quest log html may vary depending on the order completed, if at all.

Last edited:

Winterbay

My experience from looking at the quest log for the Twin Peak is that that doesn't update at all until you've finished the quest which is slightly annoying form a tracking point of view.

Bale

Minion
Looks like you got on that and finished the job with r12096 and r12097. Thanks and congratulations!

roippi

Developer
r12099 should handle The Horror... properly. Untested. I'm not 100% on the logic when you choose to Flee, so if someone could check that's working properly that would be good.