New Content - Implemented choiceAdventure182 in the airship now has a 4th option for model airship

sven

Add model airship choice to choice adventure 182

To allow autoselecting the model airship in preferences and prevent "Invalid setting 4 for choiceAdventure182" mafia should know the 4th option

Attachments

• modelairship.patch
    671 bytes · Views: 28

slyz

Developer
Merged.

Implementing this 4th sporadic choice isn't as straightforward as what your patch does.

sven

Ah didnt think of the implications when its not there, all I wanted was to set it to 4 till i get the item and then to something else in a script and getting the spoiler when you are in the relay browser is nice too.

Theraze

Yes... 'proper' implementation of this probably does something similar to the Ballroom Key choice (where I did the gruntwork, and then Veracity made it beautiful), where there are additional choices 5-7 that will pick 1-3 after you have gotten the key. Since choosing 4 when there isn't one isn't exactly valid, but is technically the choice adventure, so it probably shouldn't be overriden. I'd see 4 as 4+0 (model and then show in browser/abort), 5 as 4+1, 6 as 4+2, 7 as 4+3. :)

Here is my attempt at dealing with the model airship:

1.Added item to mafia so it knows it.

2. Added choice adventure preferences to allow
model then stats
model then chest
model then fight

3. Added model airship to Goal options and made sure it overrides preferences when it is a goal.

4. When present, the fourth option spoiler says "model airship" and gives an hourglass for the item.

Please let me know if I missed something important. I tested all of this but can easily miss something in a project THIS large.

Attachments

• modelairship.patch
    5.4 KB · Views: 26

roippi

Developer
Looked at the patch, it seems reasonable. I think the branching else if part could be done rather more succinctly with some bitwise arithmetic, but that can be somewhat arcane for some people.

Also, the patch was made against a rather old revision (r11866) and I'm pretty sure applying it to r12155 would fail. If you want to update to the latest revision and recreate the patch that would probably be best.

Thanks, I was going to.

I didnt realize I had the wrong svn url until after I posted it....

Them I got busy for a few days.

So yes, I intend to update it.

Ok,

Here is an updated patch...Against revision 12165.

It also removes the large if else block using some masking.

Attachments

• modelship.patch
    3.2 KB · Views: 28