Slime Tube Question

Des80

First off sorry for all of these questions I've been asking recently just trying to improve upon myself and clean up some of my scripts I have.

I've recently found a work around thanks to posting about a different thing I wanted to do but I decided to post this here just to get an answer.

I have a script to attack a slime 1 time to get the coated in slime effect and then use a tattered scrap of paper to leave. This doesnt take an adventure so I used visiturl() but when I got the engulfed NC it wouldn't know what to do and it would quit working.. I asked someone and they gave me the following code to plug in the following while statement.

slimepage = visit_url("adventure.php?snarfblat=203");

while(contains_text(slimePage,"choice.php" ))
{
int numStart = index_of(slimePage, "whichchoice value=")+18;
int numEnd = index_of(slimepage, "><input",numStart);
string adventureNum = substring(slimepage ,numStart,numEnd);
slimepage = visit_url(" choice.php?pwd& whichchoice=" +

adventureNum + "&option=3");

slimePage = visit_url("adventure.php?snarfblat=203");

}

so that if I got the choice adventure it would plug in the decision but it doesnt seem to work.

roippi

Developer
I think this should answer your PM question which is similar but didn't contain all that info. And yes, it's cool to PM me questions and stuff.

Code:
while ( have_effect( $effect[Coated in Slime] ) == 0 )
{
	adv1( $location[Slime Tube] , -1, "" );
}

Also in your PM you seemed to be a bit confused about counters; counters are distinct from effects.

Des80

Thats what I was thinking about using a while statement which if that works it will be great. Well I misread what the turnsused part of the adv1() was so that was the confusion. I know the difference between effects and counters I just didnt know it was refering to the counter and not actually to adventures being used. Thank you for the help.

Is there a way to get that to work using the visit_url() ?

Last edited: