Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Script Registry -- for script authors; track your script usage

Well, i'm just running it like any other script. I've sent myself the Kmails like instructed.

Please define "like any other script". Give us juicy details!

Though if you cannot figure out how to use it, I can only wonder at why you'd need to use it.
    If people like my scripts, please send me stuffed Hodgmen.
    Universal Recovery, OCD Inventory Control, CounterChecker, newLife, ChIT.

@bumcheekcity: which version of mafia are you using? Did you edit the script at all?

Off the top of my head, I seem to recall that you will only get that error if you visit the registry URL without providing the necessary variables. (Which would happen if you just visit that URL in a browser, or if you hacked the script -- incorrectly.)
    Sig by JakAtk
    My scripts: Prefref Plus | One-Click Wossname | Om******t (??) | Psychose-a-Matic | RandBot
    Combat suite: Best Between Battle | Mer********d (?!) | SmartStasis | BatMan | BatMan RE
    For script authors: ASH Wiki | ZLib | BatBrain | CLI Links | CanAdv | Script Registry | Map Manager | About Bats
    If you appreciate my work, help me become BAT KING OF THE WORLD! Thanks to all donators!

13.3.1, and I'm fairly sure I didn't edit the script. I might have looked at it an inadvertently modified it, I suppose, but I'm sure I wouldn't have saved it. I'll re-download today and test when I'm back from work.

2 messages queued.
    Message 1: Registering bumcheekcity for 'hccheck.ash'...
    <html><body>This script is only accessible from <a href="http://kolmafia.sourceforge.net/">KoLmafia</a>.</body></html>
    [register hccheck.ash]
    Message 2: Registering 'hccheck.ash'...
    <html><body>This script is only accessible from <a href="http://kolmafia.sourceforge.net/">KoLmafia</a>.</body></html>
    0 messages processed successfully.
    Printing report...
    That's what I get. I've just downloaded it and clicked "Scripts -> Register.ash"

hey
    I registered a few scripts the other day

For some reason the link to them on the website does not work.

I just get:
    There ain't no script named 'MrEdge73\\\'s HC Daily Inventory Control! (Beta) .ash' registered to mredge73.

I wonder if the apostrophe screwed it up?

@bumcheek: Looked at the PHP... it's still checking to see that the agent is identified as mafia. I bet you've set mafia's "use last browser's userAgent" preference (on the "General" tab). Unchecking that preference and restarting mafia would probably allow you to run this script just fine, with little to no effect on your relay browser play.

I think that check is probably unnecessary (perhaps I was a little overzealous about security) and I'll look for a way to rewrite that. For now, I would recommend unchecking that setting.

@mredge: Yep, looks like the apostrophe was escaped when being saved. It was then escaped again when passed to details.php for a closer look at your script. The data file has your script as:

MrEdge73\'s HC Daily Inventory Control! (Beta) .ash

(Yes, including the space at the end... you have two scripts like that... is that intentional?)

Apparantly all the mafia/PHP interactions are still functional with the backslash included, however -- you have registered users. Interesting.

I recommend against using punctuation in filenames, as a general principle. I would also advise not to include version info ("Beta") in the filename, as you will need to reregister once you have a final release.

I tried just removing the slashes from your scripts in the data file but that led to errors which I wasn't up to debugging at the moment. I also added stripslashes() to most of the Registry's incoming page variables, so your script links are at least working now. Also, future scripts registered should avoid this problem... I think. Let me know if anything else still doesn't work.
    Sig by JakAtk
    My scripts: Prefref Plus | One-Click Wossname | Om******t (??) | Psychose-a-Matic | RandBot
    Combat suite: Best Between Battle | Mer********d (?!) | SmartStasis | BatMan | BatMan RE
    For script authors: ASH Wiki | ZLib | BatBrain | CLI Links | CanAdv | Script Registry | Map Manager | About Bats
    If you appreciate my work, help me become BAT KING OF THE WORLD! Thanks to all donators!

note to self, rename my script files better to work with registry.
    thanks for your help.
    Last edited by mredge73; 07-02-2009 at 03:16 PM.

note to self, rename my script files better to work with registry.
    hanks for your help.
    Originally Posted by mredge73 View Post
    as an aside, I often rename scripts that have (to me) annoyingly long names.

I understand that I make annoying long names, I am not very creative.
    I have probably changed my script names over a dozen times and I still don't like how they look or sound and when I make them short they disappear in my huge script folder.

note to self, short and sweet script file names
    oh and they need to be catchy, creative, and provide information
    sad thing here is that it will take me longer to rename them than it took to write them.