ChibiParent

xKiv

I am getting "invalid attachment specified" on that.

Other than that, I think it's as good as I can think of now.

eegee

Yeah, I removed it because the logic of when to adventure or balance was flawed. I've added it back with a potentially less than optimal, but safer version.

EDIT: updated that same logic again, should be optimal now.

Last edited:
I don't suppose this is related to your logic bug? As you can see it adventures to decrease Alignment and then adventures to increase it, the turn after. (this is near the end).
Also, this is version 0.5.

Code:
Obtaining ChibiChanged�..
You acquire an effect: ChibiChanged™ (duration: 20 Adventures)
--- Current Stats ---
Alignment: 3
Intelligence: 4
Socialization: 4
Fitness: 5
--- Total dots: 16 ---
ADVENTURING to increase 'Alignment'.
Countdown: 5 seconds...
Countdown: 4 seconds...
Countdown: 3 seconds...
Countdown: 2 seconds...
Countdown: 1 second...
Waiting completed.
Results:*There's a Save the Rainforest from the Whales protest going on in ChibiSquare™, so Sidecar makes some signs and spends all day out there, protesting and educating passersby about how whale migration destroys the rainforest.
_chibibuddyAdventuresUsed => 1
--- Current Stats ---
--- Total dots: 16 ---
Waiting completed.
Results:*You and Sidecar go to a museum of modern art. You expect him to head straight for the ChibiNudes™, but he spends a lot of time with the Impressionist stuff, uplifted by the beauty all around him.
_chibibuddyAdventuresUsed => 2
--- Current Stats ---
Alignment: 4
--- Total dots: 17 ---
ADVENTURING to increase 'Socialization'.
Waiting completed.
Results:*After a few warm-up games with root beer, Sidecar's ready to learn how to play beer pong. He practices a lot, gets drunk a lot, and his alcohol tolerance and tossing skills are ready for the next big party.
_chibibuddyAdventuresUsed => 3
--- Current Stats ---
Socialization: 5
--- Total dots: 18 ---
ADVENTURING to decrease 'Alignment'.
Waiting completed.
Results:*You and Sidecar have a dirty limerick contest. You start off with the one about the man from Nantucket, he counters with the girl from North Carolina. After a while, Sidecar wins the contest with a particularly foul new one about a man from Saint Bart's.
_chibibuddyAdventuresUsed => 4
--- Current Stats ---
--- Total dots: 17 ---
Waiting completed.
Results:*You and Sidecar go to a museum of modern art. You expect him to head straight for the ChibiNudes™, and he does, but he seems to have a genuinely transcendent appreciation of their aesthetics.
_chibibuddyAdventuresUsed => 5
Finished running ChibiParent

--- Current Stats ---
--- Total dots: 18 ---

Total times adventured: 5
Total times balanced: 0
Total actions taken: 5

Lastly, I have a suggestion about irresponsible balancing. I tried this the other day when my chibi was almost dead anyway. What I noticed is that balancing works fine as long as some stats are low and other stats are high.
What would be nice is if all of your stats are the same or all or low or all are high, that there is an option to quit irresponsible balancing automatically. For example, my buddy got balanced to 3,3,3,3 and then it just dropped down from there to nothing because there was no way to get gains out of that situation. You see what I mean?

eegee

With the version in post #40 the following would have happened if each step produced a result:
[3, 4, 4, 5]
[4, 4, 4, 5]
[4, 5, 5, 5]
[5, 5, 5, 5]

Secondly, irresponsible balancing is just that. Balancing once the stats are too close to death or when they are no longer evenly spread around 5.

guyy

This seems like as good a place as any to ask, is it looking like it's possible to keep your Chibi alive indefinitely using only 5 adventures daily?

If you mean "keep it alive without using non-adventure options": I've been trying to do this for the past few days, and it seems to be impossible. The "to-do list" messes up your stats by a tiny bit more than the 5 adventures can correct for, so it gets about one statpoint closer to death every day. Mine started at 4/4/6/6, and is now 4 days old with stats 3/4/7/7...

My conclusion for now is that keeping it alive indefinitely by any means is impossible, because it looks like if the random events don't get you, the slow advance of the to-do list will. But I'd sure like to be proven wrong...

eegee

Updated to version 0.6.

• Removed the ability to set custom optimal levels.
  • Optimal values are now [4, 4, 6, 6] with balancing enabled and [5, 5, 5, 5] with balancing disabled.
  • Improved choosing which stat to adventure for when balancing.
  • Added chibiParent_distanceTillAdventure to make the script use adventuring when the optimal goal is in site.

I decided to add chibiParent_distanceTillAdventure after balancing 53 times yesterday from [2, 3, 6, 7] and not reaching the optimal values. The script ended with [3, 3, 6, 6] but have that combo whilst balancing.
Today the script only balanced 18 times from [1, 3, 6, 6] and reached optimum.

I might still change this to instead use adventuring when reaching the goal is guarenteed, but to do this I'll need to know exactly how sub-stats work.

bsander

Settings
chibiParent_haveChat : true/false [default: true]
Let ChibiParent have a chat with ChibiBuddy™ at the start of the script.​

I haven't been able to test the script out since I'm currently in Bad Moon, but if it really chats™ at the start of the script that kinda seems like a waste of adventures, since it's possible some adventures will be spent immediately afterwards for balancing purposes. Wouldn't it be better if the script finished with a ChibiChat™ instead?

Bale

Minion
Worthwhile point, but the counterpoint is that a random event might kill the ChibiBuddy during stat balancing which will cause an even greater disruption to ChibiChat.

eegee

I agree with Bale. That is the original reason I put the chatting at the beginning.

Luckily I've also made it easy to disable chatting at the beginning, and easy to call directly.
You can either add a simple daily deed (shown in the first post), or you can can call haveChat(); directly after importing ChibiParent.

Cool12309

I'm trying to run the script, I have balancing on, and it's stats are at 3/4/4/7 but it's not doing anything. It just says
Adventured: 0
Balanced: 0
Total actions: 0

eegee

The script decided not to balance the stats because they are not evenly spread around 5. There are three stats less than or equal to 5, and one stat greater than or equal to 5.
After checking whether to balance, the script decided to adventure. This didn't happen because that is either disabled or all the daily adventures have been used up for the day.

You can turn on adventuring and/or wait for the next day.

Additionally, you can turn on 'irresponsibility' but I wouldn't recommend this. If you do, set the pause time higher and keep a watch on the stats with a finger on ESC to stop the script, if the stats veer off (and they probably will).

bsander

Worthwhile point, but the counterpoint is that a random event might kill the ChibiBuddy during stat balancing which will cause an even greater disruption to ChibiChat.

OK. I figured since the opening post reads "As a responsible parent, this script will never kill your ChibiBuddy™ during the current day.", there were some safeguards for that. Might still be a worthwhile configuration option though.

eegee

OK. I figured since the opening post reads "As a responsible parent, this script will never kill your ChibiBuddy™ during the current day.", there were some safeguards for that. Might still be a worthwhile configuration option though.
Yes indeed, there are safeguards. But they can be turned off with the 'irresponsible' setting.

I will look into adding/modifying that in the future along with some extra output for keeping track what ChibiParent is thinking.
It might take a while to appear since I don't want to update the version just yet.

Any chance there could be a setting to just automatically restart the Chibi when it dies? Mine is basically just a 1/day +weight buff to me at this point, I've given up on longevity, and so wish to see it as little as possible.

eegee

Any chance there could be a setting to just automatically restart the Chibi when it dies?
Sure, I can add that. But I'll wait until I have a dead buddy to the test resurrection on. mwahaha

My buddy is finally 11 days old, and I don't really want to kill it. And on that note, ChibiParent seems stable so I'm taking it out of beta. :D
I'll probably only release another update once I have the above restart logic.

EDIT: I couldn't help it. I released a minor update. Now it will probably be some time before the next update.

Last edited:

psy

Hello,

I just found this script, and decided to give it a whirl (thanks!). I'm getting an error (at least I think it's an error) when I run it, and it's not popping up on a thread search, so here goes:
Code:
No match attempted or previous match failed (ChibiParent.ash, line 72)

eegee

No match attempted or previous match failed (ChibiParent.ash, line 72)
That means the regex is failing to find the age of your buddy. It might be that your KoLmafia needs to be updated just like Theraze says.

Could you copypasta the text that appears when you manually turn your buddy on? Mine for example is: "Willy-chan is 12 days old."