Bug Ash display case comands do not update museum display in Mafia

Darzil

Developer
put_display() and take_display() do not update the museum display in mafia, but does update inventory.

Moving items to and from display using Item Manager or Museum Display does update museum display and inventory fine.

The refresh of the museum display when something is moved to or from the display using Museum Display refreshes the whole museum display, so is a manual alternative to get updates to restarting mafia. Using Item Manager works, but only records the change, it doesn't refresh the whole museum display.

Veracity suggests here that the code could do with some checks and bug fixes.

As a short term workaround I'd love an ash or command line "refresh display" command which would at least allow a script writer to update the museum display at the end of changes.

Edit - Also doesn't update on visiting collection in relay browser, and doesn't add shelves added using the relay browser when it does update. (until you log out and in again).

Last edited:
Here's another report that's just been lost in the shuffle. I'd vote for fixing the display case code if voting for bugs was a feature here.

ckb

Minion
Staff member
Also This:
* login with Mafia (display case is correct)
* Go to your Disply case in the relay browser
* create new shelves (and move them around)
* museum display does not show the newly created shelves (no way to refresh)

I tried forcing a refresh by checking display_amount(), re-visiting the display case in the relay browser, and using 'refresh all'. None of these methods are successful.

Last edited: