missingManuel.ash - Yet Another Manuel Script!

Bale

Minion
I'd have volunteered, but to see Veracity make such an offer is rare.

Let her have it! I do this too often anyway.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
You did it. Thanks.

I committed my fixes and bumped the version to 1.37.

There was also a tiny bug - the tomb rat king is in the Middle Chamber, not the Upper Chamber.

JLE

Is anyone still "maintaining" MissingManuel.ash? There a few bits of sorting that probably could be done.

Nine "AWOL" monsters are currently sorted into "Unsorted", whereas they could be sorted into a group related to the path. The Spelunky ghost is also "unsorted" (it could be put in the "Misc. Spelunking" group, with the shopkeeper), and the two Source Agent type monsters (normal and path boss) from the Source path. Also, the twelve obsolete Nemesis monsters are now "unsorted" where they used to be sorted as "nemesis cave" monsters... they perhaps could move to the "Obsolete monsters" group?

So is there any way to change this?

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I "maintain" this script. I'll take a look at your suggestions, and see what I think.

Of course, since I have all the factoids except for the amorphous blobs, I never actually see monsters being categorized...

taltamir

Fantasy Realm's "spider queen" is being mistakingly sorted into spelunky's area "The Spider Hole" which contain a monster with an identical name. I kept on killing the spelunky spider queen in the spider hole and wondering why it isn't giving me factoids before realizing it was the wrong spider queen. No biggie since the spider queen is pretty much a mandatory boss in spelunky anyways

------
When running I get the following errors
Manuel says that 'God Lobster' (2088) has unrecognized image 'godlob.gif'
Manuel says that 'wall of meat' (1706) has unrecognized image 'meatwall4.gif'

------

Anyways.. in obsolete monsters there are a bunch of uniquely named monsters that I could acquire factoids for in fairly standard manner. However, there are 4 which are apparently older versions of existing monsters
Astronomer (obsolete) {3}
ancient protector spirit (obsolete) {3}
possessed wine rack (obsolete) {3}
skeletal sommelier (obsolete) {3}
Is there some trick I don't know about to get those older versions for factoids? (a specifically worded wish? some other way?)

Last edited:

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
Faxnet has obsolete astronomers, I think. Wine racks and sommeliers may also be obtained in this same way; protector spirits cannot.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I'll take a look at all this stuff - including JLE's comments.

Faxnet may or may not have obsolete monsters, but you can pull them from the Deck. They have factoids, so, missingManuel tracks them

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Revision 18835 fixes a few bugs:

- image for God Lobster
- 4 images for Wall of Meat
- Monster names are case sensitive - and "Spider Queen" is a different monster than "spider queen". (There are monsters with truly identical names - and we have to distinguish them in other ways - but the "sorted into wrong area" thing is because of a bug in MonsterDatabase.)

I also have sorted monsters per JLE's suggestions. Now I just have to remember how to update the script on SVN. :)

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
By the way - when I set it to print all monsters, I get this:

Code:
[Unsorted]
Smart Skelton {3}
revolting bugbear {3}
revolving bugbear {3}
angry bugbear {3}
mad bugbears {3}
bugged bugbear {3}
annoying spooky gravy fairy {3}
mimic {3}
Baron von Ratsworth {3}
giant sandworm {3}
black pudding {3}
Next-generation Frat Boy {3}
Brutus, the toga-clad lout {3}
X-dimensional horror {3}
booty crab {3}
Swiss hen {3}
mutant gift-wrapping elf {3}
mutant doll-dressing elf {3}
mutant cookie-baking elf {3}
mutant whistle-carving elf {3}
mutant circuit-soldering elf {3}
Mer-kin rustler {3}
Slime Tube monster {3}
rotten dolphin thief {3}
uppercase Q {3}
Timmy Tofurkey cast member {3}
Susie Soyburger cast member {3}
Neptune, the Dog that Is a Respected Equal and Not a Pet cast member {3}
unearthed monstrosity {3}
ten skeletons {3}
your butt {3}
somebody else's butt {3}
family of kobolds {3}
tumbleweed {3}
four-shadowed mime {3}
skulldozer {3}
eye in the darkness {3}
school of many {3}
slithering thing {3}
pig {3}
giant rubber spider {3}
Wart Dinsey {3}
The Barrelmech of Diogenes {3}
Witchess Pawn {3}
Witchess Knight {3}
Witchess Ox {3}
Witchess Rook {3}
Witchess Queen {3}
Witchess King {3}
Witchess Witch {3}
Witchess Bishop {3}
Cinco de Mayo reveler {3}
the ghost of Oily McBindle {3}
boneless blobghost {3}
the ghost of Monsieur Baguelle {3}
The Headless Horseman {3}
The Icewoman {3}
The ghost of Ebenoozer Screege {3}
The ghost of Lord Montague Spookyraven {3}
The ghost of Vanillica "Trashblossom" Gorton {3}
The ghost of Sam McGee {3}
The ghost of Richard Cockingham {3}
The ghost of Waldo the Carpathian {3}
Emily Koops, a spooky lime {3}
The ghost of Jim Unfortunato {3}
Apathetic Tyrannosaurus {3}
Assembly Elemental {3}
Cro-Magnon Gnoll {3}
Ancient Skeleton with Skin still on it {3}
Wooly Duck {3}
Krakrox the Barbarian {3}
time-spinner prank {3}
Thanksgolem {3}
"Blofeld" {3}
Genie {3}
amorphous blob {3}
giant amorphous blob {3}
voiceless whisper {3}
silent scream {3}
mouthless murmur {3}
Jerry Bradford {3}
Jerry Bradford {3}
Jerry Bradford {3}
Jerry Bradford {3}
Jerry Bradford {3}
Jerry Bradford {3}
Jerry Bradford {3}
Jerry Bradford {3}
Jerry Bradford {3}
Jerry Bradford, Pokéfam World Champion {3}
Skeleton Lord {3}
God Lobster {3}
A lot of those are bugs in combats.txt. Will fix.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Revision 34 of this script puts a lot of monsters into appropriate areas - JLE's suggestions. Fixed some capitalization errors in monster names, as well.

Revision 18836 of KoLmafia fixes capitalization of a few monsters in combats.txt, now that it matters, and puts phototronic ghosts into appropriate areas.

taltamir

Thanks for all those updates. very nice. no more error messages. and a lot of monsters moved from unsorted to a location.
Obsolete monsters really swelled up too. And I was so close to finishing up that category too :p
Faxnet has obsolete astronomers, I think. Wine racks and sommeliers may also be obtained in this same way; protector spirits cannot.
Thank you... uh, what is faxnet? I don't show a result for such a player on whois. And searching this forum doesn't provide a result either

xKiv

Thank you... uh, what is faxnet? I don't show a result for such a player on whois. And searching this forum doesn't provide a result either

I parse it to mean the multitude of clans where various (both active?) faxbots store faxable monsters (and then retrieve them from).

taltamir

I parse it to mean the multitude of clans where various (both active?) faxbots store faxable monsters (and then retrieve them from).
Oh, now I get it. Yea, I was looking for a specific bot named faxnet instead. :p

well, easyfax doesn't seem to have them. But I think cheesefax might (if I am parsing the list correctly)

taltamir

Lately, the first time I run it every day I get a mafia popup saying I am being redirected to some address and asking if I want to allow it.
Answering yes or no makes no difference.

Also, I noticed that some of the "obsolete" monsters are actually variants from the deck of every card instead. Such as the "obsolete" astronomer.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Yes, the deck of every card is a good way to get obsolete (retired) monsters.
That's how they ended up in the fax network: people used the deck and got a photocopied monster to store in a fax

I'll try running the script when I get home; since I have a complete Manuel, I don't use it often.
Where did it say you were being redirected?
(And I wonder where KoLmafia does that popup? Can't say I've ever seen it.)

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
The version checking code is using a routine credited to the much missed Bale (and not zlib). It has an explicit http://kolmafia.us call. I got the popup. I changed it to https:, deleted the version checked variable, ran again and did not see it.