Feature Remember previous frame size on login

bsander

Since march 2012 KoL has remembered the configuration of frames across sessions if you choose to resize any of them. I noticed mafia's relay browser still uses the default frame sizes (thereby also resetting them to default for regular KoL). Any chance of integrating this functionality into mafia so I can finally almost-rid myself of that right sidebar once and for all? Thanks!

Bale

Minion
Worthwhile point, however you should be informed that there is a way to get rid of the chatpane completely. You can use a relay script to create your own game.php frameset.

Create a file in your /relay directory called game.ash and copy/paste the following lines into that file.

Code:
void main() {
	buffer results;
	results.append(visit_url());
	results.replace_string('<frameset id=rootset cols="4*,*">', '');
	results.replace_string('<frame name=chatpane src="chatlaunch.php"></frame></frameset>', '');
	results.write();
}

bsander

Thanks, that's pretty handy. Probably a bit overkill for me though, since I still like to read any new announcements on login as well as the clan calendar. I'd just like to make it a lot smaller.

Bale

Minion
Smaller:

Code:
void main() {
	buffer results;
	results.append(visit_url());
	results.replace_string('cols="4*,*">', 'cols="8*,*">');
	results.write();
}

Last edited:

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
The cookies for tracking this are charpwd and chatpwd, which specify the size of those two frames in pixels. It's pretty easy to do this with a relay override though.