Monster Manuel: Improved

Bale

Minion
This makes several improvements to the display of Monster Manuel

1. Awesome Huge Images allowed to be awesome instead of puny and ugly.

2. Display narrow monster images properly. Specifically (playername) the Adventurer.
  3. Add number of BRICKOs to build BRICKO monsters.
  4. Differentiate which Gremlin has the tool
  5. Differentiate which El Vibrato factoids were from the translated monster
  6. Differentiate Ancient Protector Spirit by stone spheres
  7. Differentiate which Mimic is which
  8. Annotate Nemeses by location
  9. Differentiate ALL monsters that have the same name because there are a lot of them now.

Installation: Copy/paste the following line into your CLI:
Code:
svn checkout https://svn.code.sf.net/p/bale/relay/code/Monster_Manuel_Improvement/

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
I just added new features to this script.

1. Differentiate which Gremlin has the tool
  2. Differentiate which Mimic is which
  3. Differentiate Ancient Protector Spirit by stone spheres

Are there any other monsters that need to be differentiated?

Bale

Minion
I just added new features to this script.

1. Annotate Nemeses
  2. Differentiate Nightstands by Combat or Noncombat

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
More improvements
  1. Differentiate which El Vibrato factoids were from the translated monster
  2. Clingy Pirates

Pretty minor stuff. The script is really all about having full sized images for large monsters. The big improvement is really to the regexp I am using and more efficient code for distinguishing monsters.

Yup, this is about the best thing you could have done with the manuel :D Would there be a way to add all the monsters that you have nothing on yet so you can see what you need to work on? Seems like that would break something though :(

Bale

Minion
I don't know what to tell you, but to get us on the same page I just updated the first post with my current version. I can't speak for the version you are using, but if you download View attachment 7626 you'll be using a version that does work for me.

As for how it differs... Well, KoL has added different factoids for the lonely construct and I decided to limit the size of really humongous images to merely huge because some of those bricko monsters were just too humongous. There might be something else I forget.

Yup, this is about the best thing you could have done with the manuel :D Would there be a way to add all the monsters that you have nothing on yet so you can see what you need to work on? Seems like that would break something though :(

That is an interesting idea, but I don't see doing it myself. If you want to figure out how and submit some code I'd be interested in looking at it.

Theraze

Foreach it in $monsters[] possibly with a boolean to mark if you found it somewhere on the page?

Bale

Minion
Foreach it in $monsters[] possibly with a boolean to mark if you found it somewhere on the page?

First I'd do a foreach m over $monsters[] to build a map containing every m that starts with the appropriate first letter. Then I'd do one of the following:

1. As the page is parsed, remove each item from the map as it is found. That will leave you with a map only of the missing monsters so that they can be added at the end.

or more complicated...

2. Do a foreach m over the constructed map (conveniently in alphabetical order) and find() the next entry on the manuel page. If the manuel entry does not match m, then insert m because it has not been factoided, otherwise continue to the next m. This way the missing monsters will be in alphabetical order.

Bale

Minion
Monster Manuel questlog relay moved to SVN!

Distribution has migrated over to SVN. With a current daily build, please copy/paste the following line into KoLmafia's CLI:
Code:
svn checkout https://svn.code.sf.net/p/bale/relay/code/Monster_Manuel_Improvement/

Lxndr

You spell "Molybdenum" as "molybenium"
It's really not a big deal, but you might want to consider a typo fix next time you version it?

roippi

Developer
On the rare occasions when I get to say that word out loud, I pronounce it "moblybendum." Because that makes me laugh.

Fluxxdog

Knock knock!
Who's there?
Spooky vampire!
Spooky vampire who?
... Seriously? How many of us are there?

Tiny request: differentiate the Spooky Forest and Dreadsylvania spooky vampires.

Bale

Minion
This script just got a huge overhaul to make use of KoLmafia's new features. As a result it requires KoLmafia r16168 or later.

The script will now automatically update monster disambiguation every time KoLmafia recognizes that a new monster has the same name as an old one.

Bale

Minion
Just made my best ever update to Monster Manuel Improved!

In vanilla KoL, the image for the Deep Machine Tunnel monsters was just blank white. Now with this script you'll see the neato moving geometric shapes that we expect.

QVamp

I just discovered this script, and like it. Would you consider adding in something like meta-categories, such as grouping all batfellow areas into one called 'batfellow', or adding in an alternate view that shows something like a table of creatures with 3, 2, and 1 missing factoids. Both would make figuring out what to fax in a bit easier.