Bug - Fixed Acquiring a map from big brother says it fails when it doesn't

Rinn

Developer
I expect because the maps aren't actual items, I've attached a debug log.

Also trip report: the sea is still terrible.

Code:
[COLOR=olive]> acquire map to Anemone Mine[/COLOR]

Searching     for "map to Anemone Mine"...
Search complete.
Verifying     ingredients for map to Anemone Mine (1)...
Searching for "sand     dollar"...
Search complete.
Purchasing sand dollar (50 @ 793)...
You     acquire sand dollar (50)
Purchases complete.
Purchasing map to     Anemone Mine (1 @ 50 sand dollars)...
Visiting the Big Brother...
Big     Brother successfully looted!
[COLOR=red]Creation failed, no     results detected.[/COLOR]

Attachments

• DEBUG_20121108.txt
    82.7 KB · Views: 63

Theraze

Does it auto-use the item? If you don't end up with an item when it's done, I think it gives that error...

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
They are items. They have item numbers. They are offered - along with other items - by a Coinmaster and "acquire" knows how to get things from a Coinmaster.

However, once you have so-"acquired" them, you don't actually have them in inventory. They are also not available for purchase any more. They are "once per ascension" purchases like an abridged dictionary which is, however, an actual Quest Item.

Perhaps we could have per-ascension settings to record whether you have bought this or that map and change the Big Brother Coinmaster to do the right thing, whatever that is, with them. Not let you try to "acquire" an item you already acquired this ascension, and so on.

We could even put the maps into your inventory - even though they are not real items. Probably not a great idea, since the item description doesn't have them listed as Quest Items - which they effectively are.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Revision 13274 should fix this; if we know that you have acquired one of the virtual items sold by Big Brother (either because we saw you buy it, or you have visited Big Brother and we see that it is not on offer from him any more), acquire will not even try to get the item.