Feature - Implemented Manuel logging and goal condition

Rinn

Developer
At minimum I think we should probably log when a monster is identified by checking for the manuel image. I don't really expect this to be on a per monster basis or anything, just a simple print when that image is seen. It would also be nice to have a pseudo-goal like with pirate insults that would simply check for the number of total identifies.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
If Jick ever adds an option to occasionally see previously-collected factoids for completed monsters, this could be misleading. (I believe it was HotStuff that mentioned the idea on a radio show, and Jick didn't seem to have a problem with it.) I wouldn't expect there to be a good way to distinguish between those cases either.

Erich

If Jick ever adds an option to occasionally see previously-collected factoids for completed monsters, this could be misleading. (I believe it was HotStuff that mentioned the idea on a radio show, and Jick didn't seem to have a problem with it.) I wouldn't expect there to be a good way to distinguish between those cases either.

Once he gets stuff like init/phylum/element implemented as you work your way through the research ranks, it might be feasible to distinguish (ie, if have all info, monster is fully researched, regardless of showing factoid).

But as both your and my case are hypotheticals, I guess it's moot.

datavortex

So is the status on this now "nice to have feature request"? I am working on Manuel and the ability to use mafia goals would be ideal.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
11703 adds "factoid" (or "manuel") as a goal that you can use, checking for the image at the end of combat to see if you got a factoid. Not actually tested since there aren't many factoids I can get without ascending. Logging something when that happens would be trivial, I guess.