autoManuel: Lists places left to stuff Señor Manuel

Crowther

This script is no longer supported. Use Turing's script.

Hello:

Since BCC snapshot isn't enough completionist fun for us and he's backing away from recipes, I figured I may as well release my attempt at automatically finding unfilled places in Manuel. No, it doesn't automatically stuff him. Would you want to miss out on that fun?

What it does:

This script counts up the number of factoids you're missing that both the "can adventure" and KoLmafia believe you can currently access then ranks all the zones by total factoids missing.

What you need:

Zlib and canadv. (I'll add links here later)

What it doesn't do:

It won't help you plan long term. Places you can reach by ascending, breaking prism, or even by sobering up are not listed.

Thanks to Veracity. I used her improved MM pattern matching for this script.

Version 0.1
initial upload

Version 0.2
Added support for faxbot
List monster name if there's only one left in a zone

Version 0.3
Lists how many are missing for each fax
Lists black crayon monsters if you have a goth kid

Version 0.4
Suggests what to sniff and banish

Version 0.5
Deal with '?' in Manuel
List BRICKO monsters

Attachments

• autoManuel.ash
    6.4 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:

Crowther

Sorry about the double post, but hopefully this will be historical before too long.

Known problems:

All monsters in the Nemesis Cave are counted, not just the two class specific ones you can currently fight. (need to override KoLmafia's appearance_rates function)
Lists the Pre-Cyrpt Cemetary as missing factoids even after that location is closed. (EDIT: due to my own odd setup)
Counts spirits in the Hidden City even after they are gone. (another override of appearance_rates?)
Mimics from the barrel of barrels don't match correctly, so the barrel of barrels always lists 9 facts missing.
Lists Drunk Ducks in post-quest Farm when they aren't available

Last edited:

Theraze

Shouldn't have issues with can_adv and pre-cyrpt unless you're using either an old version, or you used an old version of CounterChecker and haven't ascended since, as it used to incorrectly set the pre-cyrpt as permanently unlocked...

Crowther

Shouldn't have issues with can_adv and pre-cyrpt unless you're using either an old version, or you used an old version of CounterChecker and haven't ascended since, as it used to incorrectly set the pre-cyrpt as permanently unlocked...
Ha! Scary. I did that. I've used my own custom CounterChecker for ages.

Last edited:

Theraze

Well, while it won't stay fixed after it re-runs your busted CCC (Custom CounterChecker), wiping out the unlockedLocations property will allow CanAdv to rebuild a (temporarily) accurate version of things. Bonus, it's possible that CCC won't re-break things if you aren't still ascending, since it only marks it when the area is temporarily there.

If you are still ascending, I'd heavily suggest grabbing the latest copy of CC and modding it to your own purposes again. Bale's done some great work to reduce server hits using mafia's quest properties.

Crowther

Thanks! I've got one non-ascending and one ascending character. I'll grab and modify a new CCC.

Last edited: