Adding a BuffBot to KoLMafia

Wolffauer

Hi there!
I've got a BuffBot that has been up and running nicely through KoLMafia for a few months now: Notbot, (#896474). I was wondering how to get it included in KoLMafia's list of bots available to purchase from.

I can host whatever .txt or .xml file might be needed to provide the price list, so that isn't a concern.

Thanks!

Wolffauer

One more questions - is there anyway to find out when it gets added? Or should I just keep checking the list of buffbots with each build?

Thanks!
- Wolffauer

Wolffauer

[quote author=holatuwol link=topic=1591.msg7550#msg7550 date=1205173545]
I'll post in this thread once I get a chance to verify your buffbot. =)[/quote]

I just noticed that the XML file included the clan-only philanthropic buffs, so I've deleted them from the file.

Wolffauer

[quote author=holatuwol link=topic=1591.msg7617#msg7617 date=1205741350]
Buffbot added.[/quote]

Thanks!

jasonharper

Developer
No, the current buff request mechanism is pretty strongly based on meat-via-kmail as the way buffs are specified.

Anything that doesn't involve payment would almost certainly get abused, I think.

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
I'd imagine it'd technically be a chatbot (i.e. using a chatbotScript). I have no idea how those work, so I'll just let someone else fill in the blanks.

kinks

No, the current buff request mechanism is pretty strongly based on meat-via-kmail as the way buffs are specified.

Anything that doesn't involve payment would almost certainly get abused, I think.

If you didn't put limits on the buffs, then yes it probably would be abused. The buff mechanism is really just a html post, I can't see it being that hard to extend it to post to lchat.php instead of messages.php

Rinn

Developer
I would hope chatbots keep track of who they buffed in a given day as to not get abused.