New Content - Implemented Zombie quest tracking updates

Rinn

Developer
Quest tracking may have been mentioned in another zombie master thread, but a new report should make it easier to track down exactly what needs to be updated.

I don't have the correct strings currently, but at a glance having all the quests up to level 7 completed here is my quest tracking status
Code:
questL02Larva (user, now 'finished', default unstarted)
questL03Rat     (user, now 'unstarted', default unstarted)
questL04Bat (user, now     'finished', default unstarted)
questL05Goblin (user, now 'unstarted',     default unstarted)
questL06Friar (user, now 'finished', default     unstarted)
questL07Cyrptic (user, now 'step1', default unstarted)

L03, L05, and L07 are clearly not being tracked correctly, and I can't be sure about intermeditate steps for any of these. I'll make an effort to check on my next run, but any assistance (with text that should update status) would be welcome.

Bale

Minion
In ZombiecoreL02 and L03 are not started when talking to the council or checking quest log.

L05 is updated correctly from the quest log, but not from the council.

Cool12309

Sorry to necro, but what exactly needs to be done for this to be accomplished? I believe most (if not all?) of the council text is available on the wiki.

Theraze

The exact council text for anything that doesn't get tracked, including the proper HTML. Not just the written-out text, like the wiki does, but all of the extra spaces that shouldn't exist and italics and... everything.

Also, zombie necro. Ha.

Cool12309

Okay, I need to do another zombie run anyways so I guess I can grab them. Which texts should I be getting? Just when I start the quest?

Theraze

Any text that you want updated that isn't updated currently. If the quest condition changes and the quest preference doesn't, that's the text that would need to be updated. As this is an almost 2 year necro-post, the quests noted in the OP may or may not have been updated since. Try it. Let us know what still needs updating, with specifics. If you want to report absolutely everything, that can work too. But randomly posting bits and pieces without classifying whether or not it's useful is likely to just have a dev decide that it isn't worth mucking with until there's enough reliable information.

Cool12309

Any text that you want updated that isn't updated currently. If the quest condition changes and the quest preference doesn't, that's the text that would need to be updated. As this is an almost 2 year necro-post, the quests noted in the OP may or may not have been updated since. Try it. Let us know what still needs updating, with specifics. If you want to report absolutely everything, that can work too. But randomly posting bits and pieces without classifying whether or not it's useful is likely to just have a dev decide that it isn't worth mucking with until there's enough reliable information.

When does the quest condition change? Or is there a way I can find out?

Theraze

If the quest log text changes, the quest condition should have changed as well. Some information is found in the wiki. If you don't think it's explicit enough, then update it and make it more clear.

Darzil

Developer
Well, since we added the council quest tracking in r16976, in June, and have no reports since, so am going to consider this done.