Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Vhaeraun's Glorious PVP Bookkeeper

There were three or four threads, all reporting the same bug. I responded on all of them that I'd fix it, but didn't bother reporting back on all of them that I HAD fixed it.
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu
    R'lyeh wgah-nagl fhtagn.

The new ‡ indicator means it's failing to recognize the checking it twice mini (at least, I think that's the problem, it could of course be something completely unrelated).

It also looks like it's not seeing the Holiday Shopping mini. By which I mean that that mini is not showing in my results table at all.

Regarding the unrecognized Holiday Shopping mini, I'll be damned if I can figure out why this regex isn't matching this page text:
    Code:
    string informationBoothContests = "<td valign=\"top\" nowrap><b>(.*?)\\**</b></td><td valign=\"top\">(.*?)</td><td valign=\"top\" align=\"center\">(\\d+|\\?\\?)</td>";
    Code:
    <td valign="top" nowrap><b>Holiday Shopping*</b></td><td valign="top">You know what makes a great holiday gift?  Gargle Blasters! (Who has earned the most Pan-Dimensional Gargle Blasters?)</td><td valign="top" align="center" colspan="1">3</td>
    Regarding the recognized-but-not-tallied Checking It Twice mini, it was also my suspicion that the new double dagger (?) note icon is messing it up. I'm sure this could be solved by using &Dagger; (with a capital 'D') somewhere, to handle it. But I don't even entirely understand how the existing asterisk note icon is being handled, so I'm not sure where to make the change.

Regarding the unrecognized Holiday Shopping mini, I'll be damned if I can figure out why this regex isn't matching this page text:
    Originally Posted by PaladinWhite View Post
    regex has: align="center">
    page has: align="center" colspan="1">

And the * is handled by: \\**
    (zero or more asterisks).

So you probably want something like:
    Code:
     (\\*|&Dagger;)*
    (modulo correct quoting and grouping)
    Last edited by xKiv; 12-04-2017 at 03:55 PM.

Thanks a million, xKiv.

I count myself among those sorry masses that are just capable enough with regex to get in trouble. Don't know how I missed that colspan attribute. I broadened the regex to match any attributes in that last <td> tag. Hopefully that broadening doesn't cause other issues.

I'm still not entirely sure what's up with that double-backslash, double-asterisk to match the literal asterisk in mini names. Something-something-double-escaping? But even then, I don't get where the second asterisk comes in. My head hurts. At any rate, editing &Dagger; into that same regex solved the issue.

All-in-all: a one-line change. Here's the updated version.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by PaladinWhite; 12-05-2017 at 07:24 PM. Reason: add attachment

I'm still not entirely sure what's up with that double-backslash, double-asterisk to match the literal asterisk in mini names. Something-something-double-escaping?
    Originally Posted by PaladinWhite View Post
    Yes. You need \\ in the source file to put a \ in the actual string value. And you need \* in the actual string value to match a literal asterisk.
    The second asterisk is just the normal greedy quantifier - match zero or more instances of the preceding "literal asterisk" (so it will match texts with no asterisk, with *, with **, with ***, etc...).