Feature - Implemented Add "dump" command to Help button documentation in maximizer

Bale

Minion
What exactly does the dump command do? I tested it so I have a general sense, but I would like to know more specifics. What's with all the numbers? How does it choose only certain possibilities? That sort of thing.

slyz

Developer
I *think* it works like this : the Maximizer draws up a shortlist of items that score with the expression, and uses the final list of all those items to do the actual maximizing, where it compares all the possibilities.

The "slots" are the following:

HAT = 0
WEAPON = 1
OFFHAND = 2
CONTAINER = 3
SHIRT = 4
PANTS = 5
ACCESSORY = 6
OFFHAND_MELEE = 7
OFFHAND_RANGED = 8
FAMILIAR = 9
STICKER1 = 10
WATCHES = 11
WEAPON_1H = 12

The number between parenthesis is the score you would get if you had that item's modifiers on top of whatever you currently have.

I'm not sure how that score is computed, or in what base, and how it relates to the final one that is used, but it's not the actual score you would expect. I hope Jason can explain it to us :)

EDIT: use "dump" with a weight > 1 to get a full list of items considered and their scores.

EDIT2: corrected the slot list

Last edited:

roippi

Developer
Working on maximizer-related things this week...

As Slyz points out, maximizer "hijacks" slots 7,8,11, and 12 for its own purposes so they are perhaps not what you'd expect them to be. You can mostly ignore them and look at the other slots, which make more sense.

In the output of "2 dump", each item's score is basically your current score plus whatever your score would be with that item equipped. There are some other nuances, but that's basically it. The maximizer sorts those scores and then picks some useful number off the end to use in the slot shortlist (where "useful" varies based on a number of things). Then with the various shortlists, combinatorics happens and you end up at your final result.

r12077 documents "dump" in the help text.