Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Native Windows (x86) KoLmafia.exe

Any tips on how to compile my own builds, so I can keep an up-to-date version?
    Originally Posted by slyz View Post
    It's possible that this applies, but normal prices are here (change to Standard version). Those prices are a bit high for individual use. If KoLmafia does meet the free version conditions (looks like it does), they may not want a bunch of people getting a free license for a single project.

The eval version of Excelsior JET is only good for 90 days and I'm not going to spend 2,000 dollars for a copy, so I'm content to leave this up to Catch-22 if he wants to keep using his incredibly expensive software on our behalf.

If KoLmafia does meet the free version conditions (looks like it does).
    Originally Posted by lostcalpolydude View Post
    I missed that at first. Seems interesting, but they probably would only give a few copies at most.
    Last edited by Bale; 07-12-2012 at 11:08 PM.
    If people like my scripts, please send me stuffed Hodgmen.
    Universal Recovery, OCD Inventory Control, CounterChecker, newLife, ChIT.

Well, it's only $1200 for the Standard version.

Well, that's not so bad then.
    If people like my scripts, please send me stuffed Hodgmen.
    Universal Recovery, OCD Inventory Control, CounterChecker, newLife, ChIT.

Developer

I saw something about being free for non-commercial projects, but I didn't read that part (yet), that's why I wasn't worried about the price.
    Try the Nemesis Quest Script or the FamiliarFeeder interface.
    *shakes KoLMafia tech support magic 8-ball* Update mafia to the latest daily .JAR!
    NEW Dad ASCENSION STARTED 20120730
    ------------------------------
    Welcome to Parenthood, Noob

Catch-22, how did you get it down to 10MB? Mine came out over 20MB.

I will be upgrading to Windows 8 in 90 days and figure I can reinstall then and get another 3 months even if we can't get free licenses.

Oh, if you want my fat version of the latest, it is here:
    http://www.freefilehosting.net/kolmafia-11278

In rar format
    Last edited by dangerpin; 07-14-2012 at 02:19 AM. Reason: Add link to dl if anyone wants it

Hey guys, good to see some familiar faces have decided to take this build for a spin.

dangerpin, JET does some voodoo Java optimizations somewhat akin to loop unwinding, these "optimizations" can lead to a fairly chunky file size, with little to no proven benefit. Toning down the aggressive optimizations will actually lead to a smaller file size.

Regarding the free version conditions, the sales representative I am in contact with at Excelsior has told me he would happily provide a professional license to the project if the project owners would display an Excelsior banner linking to the Excelsior website on the sourceforge project page and provide Excelsior builds as an official download option for Windows users. Given the fairly low interest in this build initially, I didn't mention it, but if there's enough interest then perhaps it's worth putting it forward to Holatuwol et al.

As for more frequent updates, I am still working on streamlining the build process and I do hope to automate the entire process including uploading/posting soonish. Once I'm comfortable with that process, I might be able to provide nightly builds. If anyone knows of a free, well-behaved file host with a good (I'd settle for existent) uploading API, please let me know

For those of you who are wondering, I've been away from my computer the past week. I should have a new build out within the next 12 hours or so (need sleep).
    Procrastination
    Leaves many things unfinished

Originally Posted by /haiku

Thanks for the info, unfortunately my attempts to change the optimizations have led to an even bigger exe. 35MB this time. Maybe you would consider uploading your prj file so we can use the same mods you do.

I've iconized the (IMHO) more attractive limeglass.gif that was once used for exe builds. If you like it feel free to use it. I've attached it.
    Attached Files

Thanks for the info, unfortunately my attempts to change the optimizations have led to an even bigger exe. 35MB this time. Maybe you would consider uploading your prj file so we can use the same mods you do.
    Originally Posted by dangerpin View Post
    My prj won't quite be the same as yours, because the eval version actually has more stuff in it than std. In your prj file change the line that says -inline+ to -inline- and remove the lines -inlinelimit= and -inlinetolimit=. I noticed that was the most dramatic filesize reduction technique.

I've iconized the (IMHO) more attractive limeglass.gif that was once used for exe builds. If you like it feel free to use it. I've attached it.
    Originally Posted by dangerpin View Post
    I like the limeglass icon idea, but I couldn't get the one you posted to work for some reason. Hopefully the one I came up with for the build I'm about to post should suffice
    Procrastination
    Leaves many things unfinished

Originally Posted by /haiku

I like the limeglass icon idea, but I couldn't get the one you posted to work for some reason. Hopefully the one I came up with for the build I'm about to post should suffice
    Originally Posted by Catch-22 View Post
    The rounded edges are classy. Thanks for the update!