Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Native Windows (x86) KoLmafia.exe

Ah, right. I keep forgetting that they're mediafire, not native. Even though I hovered over them right before I posted that. Meh.

But yeah, posting update dates on them should at least let people know roughly what they need to update, when.

This is very useful for putting Kolmafia on a flash drive.

This is very useful for putting Kolmafia on a flash drive.
    Originally Posted by relyk View Post
    Thanks I'm glad you find it useful.

I've updated to r11192 because there's a lot of new content flying about the place lately. The runtimes haven't changed so just download KoLmafia.7z (which is now just a 2.79mb download), let me know if you have any problems with it

On a technical note, I'm working on tweaking/automating the build process. I've reduced package size fairly significantly since the last build and my build times are now only about 3 times that of a JAR build, which is a big improvement over the 20 x longer it used to take!
    Procrastination
    Leaves many things unfinished

Originally Posted by /haiku

Updated to r11231 and somehow managed to shrink the download down to 2.62mb. Runtimes remain unchanged and shouldn't need to be downloaded again.
    Procrastination

This is one of the more interesting build ideas I've seen. Perhaps I can adapt this to OSX and Linux...

This is one of the more interesting build ideas I've seen. Perhaps I can adapt this to OSX and Linux...
    Originally Posted by wrldwzrd89 View Post
    Yeah, unfortunately the gcj doesn't seem to be in active development these days. It'd be great if I could get gcj working for all 3 of the major operating systems (that way I could use the same build process), but it became too much of a headache

Once Oracle bring the good parts of JRockit over to HotSpot, there won't really be a need for AoT compiled classes on any system that can run the OpenJDK, though.
    Procrastination

Updated to r11267 (actually yesterday). Also added a nifty update check script, which should let you know if there has been an updated build posted.
    Procrastination

Ok, I have to admit I was VERY skeptical about this and how it would work. But you just made me a true believer! Mafia is responsive on my Win machine in a way it hasn't been for years, literally. Instead of having the memory usage sitting at half to three-quarters it is barely registering even on complex scripts. When I abort it happens IMMEDIATELY and not 25 seconds later. I can switch tabs in the middle of scripts without it bogging down and failing to respond until after the script finishes.

This is packed full of win like a pinata is full of sweets.

I doff my cap.

Developer

That made me want to try it

Unfortunately, I get an error noise (but no message) when I try to launch it, and nothing happens. Win XP, in an empty folder except for KoLmafia and /rt.
    Try the Nemesis Quest Script or the FamiliarFeeder interface.
    *shakes KoLMafia tech support magic 8-ball* Update mafia to the latest daily .JAR!
    NEW Dad ASCENSION STARTED 20120730
    ------------------------------
    Welcome to Parenthood, Noob

Developer

Derp. Thanks to my super-unzipping skills, the runtimes ended up in /rt/rt. That's why it wasn't working.

My relay browser experience is significantly smoother and faster. Until proven wrong, I'm going to believe it is due to Catch-22's build. Thanks a lot!

Any tips on how to compile my own builds, so I can keep an up-to-date version?
    Try the Nemesis Quest Script or the FamiliarFeeder interface.
    *shakes KoLMafia tech support magic 8-ball* Update mafia to the latest daily .JAR!
    NEW Dad ASCENSION STARTED 20120730
    ------------------------------
    Welcome to Parenthood, Noob