Native Windows (x86) KoLmafia.exe

Catch-22

Well put Theraze. The other reason I want to keep maintaining this is because I do plan on coming back to KoL one day.

I'll hopefully have a bit of time to myself from Dec-Feb, with any luck I can get back into the swing of things in time for Crimbo!

Sometimes the 7z containing the .exe is empty, lately, is this a known issue? The most recent build I have is 12795, but I can recall this issue happening before that, and it's also happening for me at the moment - the download size is only 32 bytes, and there's nothing in the archive that I can see. I don't figure disk footprint optimization could be that effective. :D

Theraze

Probably the usual "for some reason mafia tried to build Java 1.7 files even though it's been told to only build Java 1.5 files" bug that Catch-22 asked for help on and nobody seems to have any ideas about.

Catch-22

Yep that happened again and I was away house sitting for somebody for a while, so I didn't notice until now. Apologies for the long delay.

Catch-22

Hi JET build users.

I assume no news is good news because nobody seems to have posted about issues with the builds since I tweaked things a couple months back.

Just thought I'd let you all know that the runtimes have been updated as we're now running Excelsior JET 9.0 (big thanks again to Excelsior guys for upgrading us!).

Also I'd like to mention that although I maintain the JET builds and liase with Excelsior representatives, the license for the software is granted to the KoLmafia project. Previously, I have shared the download details directly with Holatuwol. I mention this because someone else from the KoLmafia forums has been in contact with Excelsior for a license and they still have my name down as the contact. Anyway, whoever that was, I would've PM'd you but I'm not entirely certain as to what your username is here. If you're not happy with how I'm maintaining the builds, let me know. I don't bite :)

Edit: Oh and yes, contrary to how little I post on these forums, I do still drop in roughly once or twice a week ;)

Last edited:
FYI, you should probably update the text of the first post to reflect the new JET version, the download link is still labeled 8.0. Also, thank you so much for your continued support of this!

Catch-22

Just a heads up, builds are currently down due to a busted Windows partition :(

Edit: Managed to get a build in. Might miss a few builds here and there over the next few days while I get my PC back on track.

Last edited:

eclipsing

Just a heads up, builds are currently down due to a busted Windows partition :(

Edit: Managed to get a build in. Might miss a few builds here and there over the next few days while I get my PC back on track.

Hey Catch-22

It's been a while since an update so I was just curious if there was any news on this. Thanks =)

Catch-22

Hi Guys,

So not long after my last post, I lost another drive in my array and the whole array went :( I've lost all my build scripts among many other things that were on the array, KoLmafia was kind of the last thing on my mind at this point.

Anywho, it has been a few months now and I pretty much have to come to terms with the fact I'm not likely to be able to recover anything off those drives.

Long story short, automatic builds are broken and all my optimizations for the build tasks have been lost.

On the plus side, I now have more reason than ever to do something that I have been meaning to do for a while now: switch the build environment to Linux, sanitize the build scripts and open source them (meaning tweaks can be accepted from the community, and somebody can take over maintenance of the build scripts if I ever completely disappear).

No ETA on when that's to occur, but for now here's a recent-ish build:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/vbyvlgovyqt8403/KoLmafia.7z
http://www.mediafire.com/download/4fjc2gvcb3s4avd/rt.7z

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Necrobump.

JET just showed up on my company's program manager's radar as a solution to our kludge use of Webstart. Anyone want to comment on their experience with the exe or building it? I infer that if there were issues they would have been reported but I figured I'd post and confirm that. Thanks.

Kulverstukas

It was secutity warnings on any build (wrong sertificate, virus protection). Now exe doesn't run at all ("This app can't run on your PC. To find a version for your PC check with publisher.")

HoW

Bumpity-bump

Is the .exe going to be updated? .jar won't work on my win 10 machine without a jre that I can seemingly no longer acquire.

Thanks for Kolmafia! without it, the Kingdom would be near impossible to play.

Bumpity-bump

Is the .exe going to be updated? .jar won't work on my win 10 machine without a jre that I can seemingly no longer acquire.

KoLmafia works just fine with JRE 8, though the developers don't exactly keep up with Java...

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Bumpity-bump

Java 1.7 is still available and I have been running KoLmafia jar files just fine with it on Windows 10.