Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: eclipse setup, tricks, etc

This tutorial needs a couple things updated. First of all, KoLmafia now requires JDK7 to compile. Secondly there's the 1.10.x release of the Subversion Eclipse client.

Since mafia internally uses the 1.8.xx SVN client, does updating to the 1.10.xx or 1.9.xx SVN client fail?

Since mafia internally uses the 1.8.xx SVN client
    Originally Posted by Theraze View Post
    I'm pretty sure that's 1.7.

Oh right... I just know that I keep my SVN install files and turn off upgrade notices immediately so that I can do my svn update in the folder without screwing up mafia's ability to do it. Knew it was a few off, but couldn't remember the exact number. Ugh.

But yeah, 1.7.xx still recommended, right? Since otherwise it messes up the svn repos...

Oh right... I just know that I keep my SVN install files and turn off upgrade notices immediately so that I can do my svn update in the folder without screwing up mafia's ability to do it. Knew it was a few off, but couldn't remember the exact number. Ugh.

But yeah, 1.7.xx still recommended, right? Since otherwise it messes up the svn repos...
    Originally Posted by Theraze View Post
    Correct. If you want your external SVN client to behave with Mafia then make sure it can handle 1.7 format repositories. The last time I checked SVN was not backwards compatible and the first thing a client upgrade did was upgrade the repositories so 1.7 is the preferred (only?) choice. This is of biggest concern to script authors since it is convenient to edit and upload from the same location KoLmafia uses for the local repository.
    You just vehemently agreed with me
    Originally Posted by Veracity View Post
    I agree with frono.
    Originally Posted by Veracity View Post
    There are 69 players more powerful than you.
    Originally Posted by Statistics Leaderboards

Post 1 should probably suggest using 1.7.xx instead of 1.8.xx then.
    Fire up Eclipse. Ignore all the stuff in the main interface for now. Help > Install New Software. Copy/paste this url into the box: http://subclipse.tigris.org/update_1.8.x
    Originally Posted by roippi View Post

That's the goofy thing about Subversion - the client version never matches that of the repository. SVNKit 1.8 is for SVN 1.7 oddly enough.

Awesome. At least Tortoise matches up... Heh.

This is my second attempt trying to get SVN to work with eclipse, after getting mad and giving up a couple weeks ago. This time it breaks earlier in the process AND it's a different error!

This is the error I get trying to install subclipse from the given URL. I have no idea what to do to even begin fixing this.

This is the error I get trying to install subclipse from the given URL. I have no idea what to do to even begin fixing this.
    Originally Posted by Chamou View Post
    What given URL?
    Eclipse addons often have different installation repositories (urls) for each different eclipse release, it's very possible that you are trying to install a version of subclipse that's incompatible with your version of eclipse.

I always install from eclipse marketplace (menu: help/eclipse marketplace..., input subclipse in the find box, press enter, hit the install button in subclipse's cell).