auto BHH and friends

Leperconartist

;D Nice, if you go into your preferences, the button farthest to the right of your toolbar thing, and go to the general tab. You have it set to "Auto-Create 31337 scrolls if no scrolls conditions are set.", the script chose to take the bounty hunt for the "5 Sammich Crusts from Spam Witches in the Valley of Rof L'm Fao" so it adventured there and Kolmafia auto-created 31337 scrolls for you.

raorn

OK. Here's my rewrite of auto bounty script. I've tried to follow KISS principle.

Script takes two arguments, maximum number of adventures and maximum moxie difference (difference between moxie and "moxie for no hit" in given area).

All bounty data stored in map. Item, plural name, quantity, location and safe moxie.
If bounty already started, script will try to finish it. If it's not safe to adventure in given area, it will abort current hunt and try to pick another (unless you have already collected some bounty items, in this case script will do nothing).
If no hunt started, script will pick highest possible mission.

If uses CCS script by Mighty Xerxes and zarqon for Olfaction (edit the [default] section). It uses mafia built-in condition and autorestore mechanics. It will not modify any choice adventure settings. It will not use any 31337 scrolls (what if you want to keep it for stat day?). If will try to accept council and white citadel quests.

Giant Castle is open if you have S.O.C.K. or intragalactic rowboat.

Attachments

• bounty.ccs
    880 bytes · Views: 155
  • bounty.txt
    1.4 KB · Views: 204
  • bounty.ash
    7.5 KB · Views: 192

Leperconartist

looks like a good script Raorn, but how do I use it? What do I type for the params? (How do I seperate the adventure number and the moxie number). Also what would you recommend to be put in for the moxie difference?

zarqon

For the record, the ccs Xerxes posted a while back was incomplete, I think it was just for starters. I've since added some monsters, like the spam witch and cubist bull, possibly others. Here's the latest, although it may still be incomplete.

Someone may also want to take a look at it to make sure it doesn't needlessly cast Olfaction on 40-item bounties.

Last edited:

raorn

[quote author=Leperconartist link=topic=1473.msg8031#msg8031 date=1210032084]
looks like a good script Raorn, but how do I use it?
[/quote]

Oops. I was so tired of coding, and didn't write any documentation ;-)

Number of adventures is a number or "*" which means "all adventures". It will stop if you complete bounty earlier. It is safe to omit "moxie diff" or use zero diff. You will be hit only by crotical hits. However, it uses your current buffed moxie (or muscle with some skills and items), it does not check if you have enough buffs to keep your moxie high. And I think it doesn't count +ML modifiers. Some examples:

Code:
call bounty.ash *
Do any safe bounty hunt without turn limit.

Code:
call bounty.ash 40 -10
Try to complete bounty, that would be safe if your moxie would be reduced to 10 (or +ML is 10), and use at most 40 turns.

Code:
call bounty.ash 60 20
"I can live if my moxie is 20 points bellow safe limit and want to spend up to 60 turns for lucre."

jim

Hi. Trying to run autobhh, but I don't quite understand a few things.
1) First, when I ran it, it used the olfaction ccs, but it didn't seem to work. Turns out, autoattack was set and one hit killed. Is there a way to add a line to turn off possible auto attack to avoid this?
2) Though my stats were high, it took the easy bounty. Is this the default? (I gave * for the parameters)

Thanks.

jim

I solved the first problem by calling set_property("defaultAutoAttack", 0);
Were I a real programmer, I'd reset it afterwards somewhere.

jim

When I bountied today, I was already sniffing so olfaction failed. I could routinely begin by SEEGA-ing but what if I was already sniffing the correct monster? Is there a scriptable way to ask this question? I have as yet been unable to find one.

tebee

Just discovered that build 6101 breaks these scripts as the haunted wine cellar is now four separate zones. Changing the location to one of the new zones eg. haunted wine cellar (lower left) seems to work although it still produces error messages saying haunted wine cellar has multiple matches. I am at this point assuming the bounty item drop happens in all of the new zones.

I'll test it some more when mafias working again.

Tom

zarqon

@jim: afaik there is no way of knowing which monster you are tracking. This might be a nice setting to add to mafia (i.e. currentMonsterHunt=cubist bull).

Also, I wanted to mention something that might prove very useful to users of this script. I've written a consult script (First Things First, link in my sig) that automatically handles pre-combat skills/actions like stealing, noodles, and most importantly Olfaction.

It contains all of the (<40 items) bounty monsters, and will only cast Olfaction when you are actually on a bounty hunt. It's also configurable to include monsters that you always want to olfact.

If you use this script, you won't need to switch ccs's any more, so you can remove the lines of code that switch your ccs and delete bounty.ccs.

jim

I find the css isn't olfaticng the sommelier. Are others having this experience? Is it a mafia bug?

dangerpin

Others as in tebee, two posts before you in this very thread, with a possible workaround? Or the one with another possible workaround directly before your post?

There was a server side (read Asymmetric Enterprises) change of the zones in the haunted wine cellar.
Mafia had to make some changes to work with the server side changes, I assume the script will need some tweaking (as Tom referenced).

tebee

Here's the scripts I've changed to get this working with the revised wine cellar - I seem to remember I renamed one at some point in the past for reasons I now forget, but it's the same script with a different name if you see what I mean ...

It worked today!

Attachments

• bounty.txt
    3.8 KB · Views: 101
  • autobh.ash
    7.3 KB · Views: 104
  • bountyhunting.ash
    12.1 KB · Views: 111

tebee

I've just noticed Veracity's added Revision 6138 which adds "Huanted(sic) Wine Cellar (Random)" - chooses a random corner of the wine cellar to adventure in each time. This is probably a better option to use.

I'll build this version, test it and post a new versions of the scripts later.

Tom

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
[quote author=tebee link=topic=1473.msg8342#msg8342 date=1213599656]
"Huanted(sic) Wine Cellar (Random)" [/quote]
Thanks for pointing out the typo in my revision note. You'll find that there is NOT a similar typo in the actual data files. :)

tebee

Actually I probably would not have noticed the typo as I'm dyslexic but, because I'm dyslexic I tend to copy and past everything and use spell checkers whenever possible. When I was checking the post I noticed it was underlined in red by the Firefox spellchecker! - I did check the code change just in case though - not that I don't trust your expertise or anything......

Anyway here's versions that use the new location. - you'll need this to run with 12.5 as the other cellar location names have changed.

Attachments

• autobh.ash
    7.3 KB · Views: 120
  • bountyhunting.ash
    12.1 KB · Views: 117
  • bounty.txt
    3.8 KB · Views: 109

raorn

If anyone interested, here's my (updated) autobhh script.

Usage:

call bounty.ash list - list choices or current hunt
call bounty.ash accept {easy|1|normal|2|hard|3} - accept bounty (not checking possibility)
call bounty.ash abort - cancel current bounty
call bounty.ash {COUNT|*} [MAX_MOXIE_DIFF] - do hardest possible or continue current hunt.

Have fun.

Attachments

• bounty.txt
    1.4 KB · Views: 166
  • bounty.ash
    9.1 KB · Views: 156
  • bounty.ccs
    973 bytes · Views: 156

Raven434

Doesn't seem to be working since the update, whether its called from a batch file or typed in the Mafia window.

"call bounty.ash *"

Checking bounty hunt possibility in Haunted Wine Cellar (Random)...
Checking bounty hunt possibility in Hippy Camp...
Checking bounty hunt possibility in Degrassi Knoll...
Bounty hunt successfull.

But when I vist the BH in the browser he says:

Would you like to be a Bounty Hunter, and earn some filthy lucre? These are the things I'm currently paying bounties on:
6 oily rags from the gearheads at Degrassi Knoll
11 greasy dreadlocks from filthy hippies on the Mysterious Island of Mystery
20 disintegrating corks from sommeliers in the Haunted Wine Cellar

Or am I missing a parameter now?

raorn

[quote author=Raven434 link=topic=1473.msg8383#msg8383 date=1214330906]Checking bounty hunt possibility in Haunted Wine Cellar (Random)...
Checking bounty hunt possibility in Hippy Camp...
Checking bounty hunt possibility in Degrassi Knoll...
Bounty hunt successfull.

But when I vist the BH in the browser he says:

Would you like to be a Bounty Hunter, and earn some filthy lucre? These are the things I'm currently paying bounties on:
6 oily rags from the gearheads at Degrassi Knoll
11 greasy dreadlocks from filthy hippies on the Mysterious Island of Mystery
20 disintegrating corks from sommeliers in the Haunted Wine Cellar

Or am I missing a parameter now?[/quote]

This may happen when: 1. not enought moxie for Wine Cellar, 2. War is started (Hippy Camp not available), 3. Muscle sign, Degrassi Knoll is no-adventure zone.

I'll add some explanation why particular zone is not available.