auto BHH and friends

Donavin69

With the problems I had today with zlib, it finally prompted me to modify my faxbounty to work with the new version of bounty here. Here is an updated version of the faxbounty:

Attachments

• FaxBounty.ash
    1.9 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
Hi, is there a way to accept bounties from 3 locations instead of 'best'? Specifically, the bounties from Giant's Castle, Airship and the Goatlet. I've already collected the olfaction tome and hounddog, hence the focus on just 3 locations.
Thanks!

Theraze

Slightly tweaked version of zarqon's post-138 bounty.ash which will detect if you turn in the bounty when you check what the available bounties are. Like so...
> bounty *

You acquire an item: filthy lucre
5 discarded pacifiers from Giant's Castle
Now hunting: 5 discarded pacifiers from Giant's Castle (hunted so far: 0)
You just turned in your bounty.
Using the 138 version of bounty.ash, it would have adventured trying to get another 5 pacifiers until I ran out of adventures. I've had this for a bit, but finally got a proper quotable test today. :)

Attachments

• bounty.ash
    3.3 KB · Views: 111

Winterbay

Wouldn't it then be better if the script tried to remove all +combat things before entering the zone? At least if you use the autoBHH-part of it...

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
You will never complete it if you have any +combat running.
Why is this? Is it because the ninja snowman assassin will appear if you have +combat and will not drop the coal button? But, all the other snowmen continue to drop coal buttons, right? So why will you "never complete it"?

Bale

Minion
Eventually you will see nothing but assassins if you have any +combat active.

This happened to me. It was sick. I was trying to flesh out Manuel in aftercore since only my third factoid for the Ninja Weaponmaster was lacking in that zone. At first it was fine, but more Assassins kept appearing and after 2 Weaponmasters failed to give me the factoid it was just a straight stream of Assassins. I had to put my hound dog back in the terrarium in order to get another Weaponmaster.

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
This happened to me. It was sick. I was trying to flesh out Manuel in aftercore since only my third factoid for the Ninja Weaponmaster was lacking in that zone. At first it was fine, but more Assassins kept appearing and after 2 Weaponmasters failed to give me the factoid it was just a straight stream of Assassins. I had to put my hound dog back in the terrarium in order to get another Weaponmaster.

Run a ring of conflict, then? Or smooth movements, or sonata, or...

Bale

Minion
I wasn't asking for help; I was just sharing an amusing anecdote. Apparently I only amused myself...

Theraze

I really liked what rlbond86 did for the bhh page, and I wanted to have it applying through the gCLI, so I modified the attached version of bounty to include an 'optimal' keyword. This works as per the quote:
> bounty optimal

6 oily rags from Degrassi Knoll
11 greasy dreadlocks from Hippy Camp
6 bits of sticky stardust from Hole in the Sky
Accepting the hunt for 11 greasy dreadlocks from Hippy Camp...
11 greasy dreadlocks from Hippy Camp
Now hunting: 11 greasy dreadlocks from Hippy Camp (hunted so far: 0)
The hippy camp isn't the hardest... that would be the sky, so I can't use bounty hard. Knoll and Sky both tie for bounty small, and bounty best would take the sky as well... However, at -5% combat rate, rags will take 50.5 adventures, dreadlocks take 33 adventures, and stardust takes 49.5 adventures. Hard choice there... or not.

bounty optimal will use this line:
Code:
            bestBounty[i].adventures = average_turns(bountyDB[it], combat_rate_modifier(), have_skill($skill[Transcendent Olfaction]), false, 0);
to set how many adventures it should take, on average, based on your current combat modifier and whether or not you possess TO already, to complete the bounty. It then should sort the bounty records based on this, pick the best available one, and set you loose. If you want to automatically collect them, bounty * or bounty go will move onwards. If you disagree with the choice, bounty cancel will let you pick something else.

Note that, as mentioned above, this DOES require rlbond86's bhh.ash relay script be included... somewhere... in your mafia folder. Mine is happily in the relay folder overriding the normal bounty page, so I can tell why the script makes the decisions it does, as well as see his useful notes. If you don't want optimal-adventure guessing, just keep using the 142 version of bounty.ash.

Also, disabled the safe moxie check, because with Boris and Zombie runs, the safe moxie level generally isn't where you actually kill the monsters. Generally. :)

Attachments

• bounty.ash
    4.1 KB · Views: 142

Stonecat

any idea why I get "Bad location value: "Knob Goblin Treasury" (bounty.ash, line 96)" when I try and run this?

Theraze

Yeah, the one from 142 works if you just want to do bounties. If you want efficient bounties though, grab the version from 153 and also rlbond86's bhh relay script. If you're opposed to knowing roughly how many turns it will take to achieve bounties, you'll need the earlier one...

Winterbay

I believe that the version in post 152 doesn't use bounty.txt anylonger but instead uses Mafia's proxy-values.