Feature Quest Tracking the Bugbear Mothership

Each of the 10 zones has a "section complete" page.

Would like to add questP01<ship zone> properties so Bale can add the Mothership to AdventureAdvisor. :)

*note: P is for Path, but could be whatever.

Sonar
Sayonara, Sonar!
The room is full of batbugbears going batty and bugging out because you messed with their equipment. I don't think this is a place you want to be right now, despite the fact that you just walked back in here again.

Waste Processing
You're a Compactor Impactor!
The automated voice overhead says, "Trash Compaction Paused. Power Restored to Elevators."

Medbay
bugbear robo-surgeon
As the robo-surgeon bleeps his last, a computerized voice from overhead intones: "Reduced Power Consumption Detected in Medical Bay. Appropriating Excess Power for Elevators."

Science Lab
The Silence of the Scientists
The computerized voice overhead says, "Confirm Power Reroute Request . . . Confirmation Not Received . . . Power Reroute Canceled." Nice work!

Morgue
Operation Successful, Patient Still Deceased
"Computer! Reroute power from Morgue Lights to the Elevator!"

Special Ops
Turn Off the Dark
The computerized voice says "Darkness Generator Offline. Restoring Power to Elevators." Booyah.

Engineering
An Engineered Success
"Threat Or Murderbots Neutralized," the computer voice says. "Either Way, Restoring Power To Elevator." Woo!

Navigation
Out of N-Space
The computerized voice says, "Observing Power Surplus In Navigation. Rerouting Power To Elevator." Woot!

Galley
Darwin's Revenge
A computerized voice says, "De-Evolution No Longer Detected. Are We Not Bugbears? Power Rerouted to Elevator."

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
That would be awesome and I would definitely use it for AdventureAdvisor. I'm pretty darn sure it would make Winterbay happy to add this to bumcheekascend also. Unfortunately it would be rather different from any other quest tracking because it would not be listed in the quest log by KoL. I suppose flexibility is a good thing though and that isn't a heinous reason not to implement something.

Each property would be either "started" or "finished". They would be marked "started" when the start text is seen. They would be marked finished if the finish text is seen, or if the appropriate uparrow.gif is seen on the map to mark a group of three preferences as finished. I suppose the second way of marking a property "finished" could be considered an advanced feature to implement later.

questP01WasteProcessing
questP02Medbay
questP03Sonar
questP04ScienceLab
questP05Morgue
questP06SpecialOps
questP07Engineering
questP08Navigation
questP09Galley

Last edited:
I hadn't even thought about them not being part of the actual quest log. But the method is certainly sound for this application, with the exception there is no fallback that can bring mafia up to date should it miss a start/ending string, or a player plays part of their turns outside mafia.

I had thought that KoL internally had all paths assigned an integer for db purposes and that all 10 properties would start with Pxx that integer, so all the Mothership properties would have the same identifier. Could use PBI (Path: Bugbear Invasion). Then instead of doing a prefref on "quest" which brings up all the quest tracking prefs, you could do prefref "PBI" and only bring up the 10 associated w/ the mother ship in a BearCore run.

Bale

Minion
with the exception there is no fallback that can bring mafia up to date should it miss a start/ending string, or a player plays part of their turns outside mafia.

Not entirely true. When you look at the inside of the bugbear mothership, there is an uparrow.gif next to the elevator if you've finished the three rooms on that level. That can be used to catch up on finished zones, three at a time. That isn't as perfect as a quest log entry for many reasons, but at least it will correct large errors if the user looks at the mothership.