One-Click Wossname -- automatic level 12 quest completion

Raven434

GMoB vs HitS?

I am not understanding something from an efficiency perspective for the Arena Quest.

OCW decided gmob is faster than hits for flyering.

Cool.

However, after 90 turns in the bathroom, it only had 3 of the 5 "say gmob".

I do use SmartStasis.

Do I need to try and reduce combat encounters ala Hobopolis or what am I missing here...???

:-/

Thanks!

Last edited:

yAak

I appear to have encountered an odd issue with counting... Is this a bug with KoL, or with the script? I assume KoL, but im posting it for everyone's enjoyment. The bolded lines show that 371+4 = 376 somehow... :confused:

[2491] Battlefield (Hippy Uniform)
Encounter: War Frat Grill Sergeant
Round 0: yaak wins initiative!
Round 1: yaak attacks!
Round 2: yaak attacks!
4 frat boys defeated; 371 down, 629 left.
You gain 18 Strengthliness
You gain 14 Enchantedness
You gain 16 Sarcasm
> +4 fratboysDefeated ( 371 / 463 )
> Step 10 adventures remaining: 23
> You are on Frat-slaying pic 19
> You are on Hippy-slaying pic 21

[2492] Battlefield (Hippy Uniform)
Encounter: War Frat 500th Infantrygentleman
Round 0: yaak wins initiative!
Round 1: yaak attacks!
Round 2: yaak attacks!
Round 3: yaak attacks!
4 frat boys defeated; 376 down, 624 left.
You gain 188 Meat
You acquire an item: distressed denim pants
You acquire an item: bottle opener belt buckle
You gain 10 Fortitude
You gain 7 Magicalness
You gain 27 Chutzpah
> +4 fratboysDefeated ( 376 / 463 )
> Step 10 adventures remaining: 21
> You are on Frat-slaying pic 19

Edit: I had left the script on unattended for the critical moment... it finished the Fratboys off with:

[2644] Battlefield (Hippy Uniform)
Encounter: War Frat Elite Wartender
8 frat boys defeated; 987 down, 13 left.
> +8 fratboysDefeated ( 987 / 999 )
> Step 12 adventures remaining: 1
> You are on Frat-slaying pic 30

[2645] Battlefield (Hippy Uniform)
8 frat boys defeated; 995 down, 5 left.
> +8 fratboysDefeated ( 995 / 999 )
> Step 12 adventures remaining: 0
> You are on Frat-slaying pic 30

[2646] Battlefield (Hippy Uniform)
Encounter: Panty Raider Frat Boy
5 frat boys defeated; 1000 down, 0 left.
> +5 fratboysDefeated ( 1000 / 999 )
> Step 12 adventures remaining: 0
> You are on Frat-slaying pic 32
> Step 12 completed!
> Completing step 13 of 14...

Last edited:

zarqon

@Raven: either 1) the formula for estimated adventures in the Bathroom is faulty, or 2) you are the victim of some bad RNG swing. In either case, certainly boosting noncombat frequency would help.

@yAak: What this means is that somehow mafia's count was off before this happened. The bit with the funny math was mafia seeing the Battlefield image and bringing its internal count back within min/max range for that image, which it will do automatically when visiting the Battlefield. (I personally think this situation merits an abort error, rather than a silent fix.) I bet if you look at your session log you will see that the previous combat had an earlier Frat-slaying pic number.

The question then becomes: where/how did mafia get off? Previous reasons have included: not all combats completed in mafia, mafia hangs, OCW run on multiple machines, typos in mafia's monster names, and more! Good luck figuring that out.

Raven434

Thanks Zarqon - will adjust and offer more beer to the RNG.

I have also seen my last couple of runs, all done inside of Mafia be "off" by 8-10 kills.

I don't care because I am working on the other medals, but did want to add to the "me too" reporting.

CKtheFat

The script worked fine with me.

I do have a question. Is there an easy way to have your familiar changed to a leprechaun without changing the default ocw_o setting? It seems to me that would make a good field for a variable in the vars_name file.

Spiny

Soo... how would I get Cyrus added into this script for the arena? :) Trying to help a friend whose got insane amounts of stats from doing nothing but burn turns at Richard's for months, due to lack of real time availability, so optimality is not really a concern but ease of plug and play is. Right now she's following the optimal warplan, but what we'd like to see happen for the arena is simply use a clover, get the amino acids, use them, flyer cyrus, heal up and move onward thru the script. Don't want to mess around with HitS or GMoB at all.

Edit: While helping my friend run the script, some weirdness occurred. It was barking about not being able to use this or that outfit... had default outfit named "items" and the script didn't like that. It instead put on a different outfit that it had used at the prior sidequest. The familiars wouldn't switch. Baby Gravy Fairy is default, but we had set leprechaun for nuns and farm, the script said leprechaun is better than nothing, but never did the switch. Looking at the vars file, it's as though it wiped out some of the things we'd set to it. Odd.

Thanks for help in advance,

-Spiny

Last edited:
I'm not sure if this is a OCW bug or a kolMafia bug, but I have been getting the following error running OCW:
Code:
Conditions list cleared.
Step 5: Our Lady of Perpetual Indecision sidequest
Server www7.kingdomofloathing.com returned a blank page from bigisland.php. Complain to Jick, not us.
So I assumed the first time that the KOL servers had gone down. The problem was that using the "Load in Web Browser" option of kolMafia resulted in what one would normally expect... the big island. Is there anything I can do about this, or should I just burn adventures somewhere else until it is fixed?

th3y

PADL phone / communication windchime

I've been using the script, it's great, thanks for contributing it.

Have you considered monitoring the counters for PADL phones / communication windchimes and automatically using them (perhaps in FTF) when a charge is available? In a 999/999 slow wossname, that could add up to a bunch of HP/MP/etc.

True obsessive-compulsives could even alternate uniforms and stagger the counters so that you get a use of one or the other every 5 adventures. (I realize the current implementation using warplans doesn't lend itself well to that idea).

-that's what TH3Y think

Last edited:

nightslide

I apologize, I went through a bunch of pages, and didn't see it. I haven't been able to see where I can now specify which plan to use? So far, it seems to default to the Optimal one, and since I already have the Wossname, I'd like it to just do it quickly. I know where I used to do it, but can't seem to see it now. I may be blind and/or stupid. (Likely even).
Thank you very much for this fantastic script.

d

zarqon

@Spiny: Adding Cyrus to OCW is on my to-do list. The main thing is figuring out how to know whether to swim up or down. Also, there's some oddness going on with settings not being added to the vars file when they hold empty strings. That might have something to do with outfit-switching problems.

@brenny: I'll look at it. I haven't been able to run this script in quite a while, since I jumped into a kittycore run a while back and I haven't had time to ascend any of the clan bots.

@nightslide: open vars_myname.txt (in mafia's data directory) and edit the ocw_warplan variable to the name of the warplan you want.

Bale

Minion
@Spiny: Adding Cyrus to OCW is on my to-do list. The main thing is figuring out how to know whether to swim up or down.

This has to do with whether there are any amino acids in your inventory after your first three introductory adventures. If there are no amino acids in your inventory swim down to get your first amino acid, eat it and then swim up, otherwise eat an amino acid (skipping the swimming down) and just swim up.

At least that is the answer I came up with. I'm pretty sure it's correct.

Then it is time to gather amino acids. Every time you eat three you can swim up and get your ass handed to you by Cyrus.

Last edited:
I dont know WHAT Im doing wrong but your script doesnt want to run for me. Your instructions also arent exactly easy to understand. I get an error about looking for something on line 154 and finding something else from KoLMafia.

I have the warplans in the data folder. I have the zilb thing and that smartstasis thing in the scrips section with the wossname.ash. But I really cant understand your instructions on what Im needed to do to run the script. As far as I can tell I only need that stuff there and then to use the run function.

Any help and clarification for someone that has no idea how to work this stuff is appreciated.

Shmur

I've used this addon successfully in previous runs, but I'm currently having a problem with it.

It seems like the script is stuck in a loop. It tries to equip the filthy hippy outfit, and then fails, saying that I need one more filthy courderoys. The problem is that I already have the outfit, but the script seems unable to equip them. It continues trying to do this basically forever until I stop it.

I tried adventuring with the condition set to get the outfit, and it completes right away saying that the condition is met.

I've tried changing the warplan, but that doesn't seem to affect anything.

hello

Does this script complete side-quests? And can you get other rewards aside from the Wossname?

Last edited:

Mardini

Does this script complete side-quests? And can you get other rewards aside from the Wossname?

The description of the script at the start of this thread indicates that yes, it does all side quests and/or whichever reward you specify.

zarqon

You'll need a CCS, which is all explained in the first post of this thread. Have you read it? You should.