EatDrink.ash: Optimize your daily diet (and see how your old diet stacks up).

I can't get it to run, it says:

Code:
Undefined reference to function 'historical_age' (eatdrink.ash, line 875)

I don't know if this is a problem with eatdrink or with zlib, or maybe something else entirely

dj_d

Someone asked in a PM:

Firstly, how're nightcaps handled? I'm trying to integrate it into my daily collection of scripts, but I'm not sure how to set it so that it consumes my nightcap after I'm done adventuring, and not before while it's filling up the rest of my fullstats.

Also, is there a way for me to skip the the input steps at the prompts every time I run it? Like I said I want to run it in amongst a bunch of other scripts so it'd be handy to not have to wait around the computer for the prompts every time I run my daily set of scripts.
There are a bunch of ways to call it, depending on how much fine-grained control you want over its parameters. This is a good way to do breakfast:
Code:
 eatdrink(fullness_limit(),inebriety_limit(), spleen_limit(), false,500,5,1,1000,false);
and here's your nightcap:
Code:
     eatdrink(fullness_limit(), inebriety_limit(), spleen_limit(), 500,5,1,1000,false);
Prompts are automatically supressed if you call it programmatically. Don't forget to put
Code:
import <eatdrink.ash>;
at the top of your script.

Also also, does your script take the bonus provided by tuxedo shirts into account?
It does now. :)

Banana Lord

Hmm. EatDrink's decided that nothing's good enough for me to consume. I haven't changed anything since the last time I ran the script so I assume this is something to do with price data?

dj_d

It's probably the settings you're using. I need to know what it says at the end of running it - from "Now, to recap" on - to help diagnose it.

Banana Lord

Now, to recap...
Starting EatDrink.ash (version 2.3).
Consuming up to 15 food, 19 booze, and 15 spleen
Considering food from inventory Hagnk's the mall. Per-item budget cap is 25000.0.
Price will be a factor if you own it already. Hagnk's pulls (if enabled) will cost 3000 meat each.
An adventure has the value of 500 meat. Moxie subpoint is 10. Nonprime stat subpoint is 2.
Simulating only; no purchases or food/drink/spleen consumption.
Now at fullness of 0, eating to 15.
Now at inebriety of 0, drinking to 19.
Now at spleen of 0, spleening to 15.
Finished. You had -Ode to Booze in effect. Adventures listed above does not reflect that, but this does:
Spent 0 meat. Gained Fullness: 0. Inebriety: 0. Spleen: 0. Adventures: 0. Muscle: 0. Moxie: 0. Mysticality: 0.
Eating, drinking, and spleening complete. Commence merrymaking (at your own discretion).

And here's the non-simulated version (ignore the difference in stat point values, I was tinkering with them in between the two runnings):

Now, to recap...
Considering food from inventory Hagnk's the mall. Per-item budget cap is 25000.0.
Price will be a factor if you own it already. Hagnk's pulls (if enabled) will cost 1000 meat each.
An adventure has the value of 500 meat. Moxie subpoint is 5. Nonprime stat subpoint is 1.
Finished. You had -Ode to Booze in effect. Adventures listed above does not reflect that, but this does:
Spent 0 meat. Gained Fullness: 0. Inebriety: 0. Spleen: 0. Adventures: 0. Muscle: 0. Moxie: 0. Mysticality: 0.
Eating, drinking, and spleening complete. Commence merrymaking (at your own discretion).

Also, the nightcap line you gave me:

Code:
eatdrink(fullness_limit(), inebriety_limit(), spleen_limit(), 500,5,1,1000,false);

Returns "Undefined reference to function 'eatdrink' (Farming Logout.ash, line 93)".

EDIT: Nevermind, I changed it to:

Code:
eatdrink(fullness_limit(), inebriety_limit(), spleen_limit(), true,500,5,1,1000,false);

and it works perfectly (well, at least in the sense that it now runs, I still can't get it to consume stuff). Unless that makes it do something weird that I don't know about?

Last edited:

dj_d

I'm stumped. Post your session log as an attachment and I'll take a look. First, though, make sure it still happens today after restarting mafia.

dj_d

BL, I'm not sure what's going on there - and the log files are useless, unfortunately (a separate problem I'll have to investigate) - but I noticed that version checking was broken. Try downloading 2.3 (and don't forget to download the new data files and delete the old ones) and see if it works.

Banana Lord

Re-downloaded everything. Version checking's working again but it's still not consuming. Would it be worth letting you take a look at my vars_banana_lord.txt flie?

Code:
> call scripts/EatDrink/EatDrink.ash

Internal checkpoint created.
Already updated from http://zachbardon.com/mafiatools/updateprices.php?action=getmap in this session.
Already updated from http://nixietube.info/mallprices.txt in this session.
Refreshing stash contents...
Stash list retrieved.
Checking for updates (running EatDrink ver. 2.3)...
_version_eatdrink => 2.3
Price will be a factor if you own it already. Hagnk's pulls (if enabled) will cost 3000 meat each.
An adventure has the value of 500 meat. Moxie subpoint is 5. Nonprime stat subpoint is 1.
foo
foo
foo
foo
If there are any favorites still in consideration, they'll be listed here:
No food available that's good enough for you. Moving on.
foo
foo
foo
foo
foo
No booze available that's good enough for you. Moving on.
foo
foo
foo
foo
foo
No final spleen available that's good enough for you. Moving on.
foo
Already submitted to http://zachbardon.com/mafiatools/updateprices.php in this session.
Finished.
Now, to recap...
Finished.

dj_d

I posted a new version that fixes a problem with purchasing items where there's 5 or more that are cheap, but you want to buy more than 5. It might solve your problem (let me know), but I'm still investigating.

Spiny

I suppose this is a no-brainer comment, but are your map files intact? Could they have become corrupted?

-Spiny